32 - Shocking Truths

"..whyyyyyyyy..." Lily sobbed, tears soaking the table which her head rest on.

It was two days after I had helped Lily ready her date, and one day after said date. She had summoned me to her apartment with a text, where I found this sorry sight.

Her sobbing onto the table, suffering heartbreak.

"So...you got rejected." I noted.

"At least be more delicate!" Lily wailed.

I sat down next to her, awkwardly patting her back.

Honestly, I was not expecting this reaction from a yandere who just confessed to their beloved. A kidnapping, a stabbing, or a death is what I would expect.

But Lily would never hurt Eric, so that eliminates two of those.

Still, that doesn't mean she wouldn't kidnap him, which is why I'm partially surprised at this reaction of sobbing her eyes out.

It feels like she's just a normal girl in love, and not some crazy psychopath who's so obsessed with one man so much that she helps create a cult that worships him.

"..why did he reject me, Ken...why?" Lily cried. "Everything was going so well..."

Honestly, it hurts me to see her like this. Lily may be an insane psychopath, but she's still a good friend.

Huh. A yandere as a good friend. Why do I only get involved with crazy people...?

"I don't know Lily...I don't know." I replied, patting her back. "He likely only sees you as a good friend." Like I do.

"A broken heart hurts..." Lily noted. "Why are we here? Just to suffer? Should I end it all?"

"Don't do that." I immediately crossed that extreme thought out of her mind. "A broken heart will hurt. I know that better than anyone."

Lily looked at me, her attention caught.

"Trust me, it will hurt. Likely for a long time, especially since he'll still be your friend. But you'll have to move on." I stated.

Can a yandere even move on? Is that possible?

"Okay..." Lily sniffled. "I'll try...but it hurts, so, so, so much..."

"I know." I agreed.

Lily jumped onto me, hugging me tightly and sobbing into my shoulder. "You're such a good friend Ken!" She cried.

Ah...this reminds me of an old memory...

It was just like this that one time. My younger sister Kira held onto me tight as she cried into my shoulder. I promised then that I would always be there to protect her.

So much for that promise...

...

There's nothing I can do about it now. I have to move on. Heh. A broken heart really is tough to move on from, isn't it?

I felt a single tear drip down from my eye. I quickly wiped it away. Not now. It was then a little while later did Lily finally stop crying into my shoulder.

However, now it's soaking wet.

"S-sorry..." Lily meekly replied.

"It's fine." I sighed. "I'll just dry it off."

"Why don't you change?" Lily asked, confused.

"Like I'm going all the way back to Aegis Mansion for that." I sweatdropped. "And if I go back I might get tackled into bed again."