Chapter Twelve

Genevieve

I woke up and my eyelids felt heavy. I used all my strength to open them, but it was like something was weighing it down. I tried moving my arm to my face, but it wouldn't move. What the hell is happening to me? 

All I remember is being at the Blue Moon pack. Then me and Asher got in a fight. After...

After that... Ryan came in...

The memories hit me all at once. The attack. My parents. The last thing I did was scream. I felt my body uncontrollably thrash around. I tried to stay still, but my body shook harder and faster.

Everything was in pain. It felt like someone was pouring a bucket of hot water on me. Like it was burning me.

"Doctor! Someone get the doctor!" a voice shouted. I felt hands on my body. They held me down, but my body was still twitching and I couldn't see anything.

"Hold her still!" A voice demanded. The hands tightened on my wrists and something held down my legs. It felt like they had their legs on mine, while they gripped my arms. I felt a sharp pain in my neck, then I stopped shaking.

I felt calm. Like I was on the verge of sleeping. But I felt wide awake. My body was sleeping, but my brain was still going crazy.

I felt the person who was restraining me, loosen their grip. Everything was still dark. I slowly fell into a peaceful sleep.

*****

I woke up when something wet hit my hand. I felt fully rested and refreshed. I tried to open my eyes. But the darkness still wouldn't go away. Like my eyes were glued shut!

Drips of a liquid hit my hand. It felt like raindrops. I heard a sob and hiccups. Someone was crying. "Baby. Please wake up," Jordyn's voice filled my ears. "We need you. Please. Just open your eyes." Her voice broke at the end. I wanted nothing more than to open my eyes and hug the woman that was like family.

"I need you to help me paint the nursery. I was always indecisive about these things. Ryan's no help. I need a girl's opinion. I need your mom." More teardrops hit my arm. Jordyn pressed her forehead to my hand and sobbed. I just wanted to wake up and comfort her. I hate hearing her in all this pain, and not being able to do anything about it.

"Jordyn?" a voice said. I swear, that sounds exactly like Asher. "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I'll be outside." That's definitely Asher.

Jordyn sniffled and she said something to Asher, that I couldn't quite make out. Asher commented on her being pregnant, and asked what she'll name the baby.

Rilynn. I wanted so badly to just answer for her. To say anything. To do anything. But nothing worked.

I was shocked at Jordyn's answer. "Elise." My mother's name. I felt the darkness start to take over my mind. And I fought it. I suddenly got extremely exhausted, and just let it take over.

*****

"You need to wake up. Your mate looks crazy," a familiar voice said. It can't be him. He's in England. Why would my mom's brother be here?

I heard a scoff. "What are you talking about?" Asher asked.

"Have you looked in a mirror?" the voice asked. I heard my mother's brother chuckle. "You obviously haven't been sleeping a whole nine hours. And you didn't shave."

"This guy is crazy. Anyways. You need to wake up. I know that you lost your parents, but you still have people here that need you. The werewolves need a Queen. Your friends need you. Your mate needs you. Matthew needs you" Uncle Isaac said softly.