Chapter Thirty-Three

Genevieve

"Good morning!" Hope chirped.

"Morning," I mumbled, going straight to the miracle drink, also known as coffee. I made my drink and sipped it, burning my mouth. "Crap!" I cursed as my hand flew up to my mouth.

Hope laughed. "Be careful. Coffee is hot," she stated. I sent a glare in her direction before hopping on top of the counter.

"Wanna hang out today?" I asked.

Hope raised an eyebrow. "Don't you have Queen stuff?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm finally free today," I stated with a smile on my face. Its Thursday, meaning the coronation was four days ago. This is my first day off. Lately, I've been doing paperwork, setting up patrols, and meeting a few Alphas.

"And you want to spend your free day with me? Not your mate?" she questioned.

"Asher went back to his pack, so I can't hang out with him," I informed her.

A look of confusion was etched on her face. "He went alone?"

I slowly nodded. "He left yesterday. What's with the face?"

"Aren't you worried about Wendy?" she asked hesitantly. Why does that name sound familiar? As if she was reading my mind, Hope elaborated. "The redhead."

"Oh," I said while shaking my head. "I'm not worried at all. I trust Asher." It took a while, but I completely believe him when he said that I could trust him. I know that he wanted to catch up with his pack anyway. I can't keep him here. He's an Alpha.

Hope simply nodded while munching on her granola bar. "What are we gonna do today?" she asked.

A smile broke out on my face. "We could watch a movie, go to the beach, or go shopping," I suggested.

Hope's face wrinkled in disgust. "None of those sound fun," she huffed.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you wanna do then?" I asked, taking a sip of my warm coffee.

She started chewing on her thumb nail; I noticed that its something she does when she's thinking hard about something. Which is really often.

"I got it!" she exclaimed. "We should play with your powers!" she said excitedly.

I shrugged. "Do you want me to lift trees out the ground? Or heal random people at a hospital?" I asked sarcastically.

Hope rolled her eyes. "You forgot your transportation thingy," she stated. "We should mess with that power,"

"Sounds good," I agreed.

*****

"I have an idea!" I exclaimed while getting off the floor. Hope and I have been experimenting with my transportation ability. So far, I can move both of us at one time, and her by herself. I can also move objects. Its pretty fun.

"What is it?!" she asked excitedly.

"Jacobs and Scott have patrol together. They're on the southern side of the castle. So I transport us, and we scare them."

"We could like scratch the wood, and growl then disappear," she suggested.

I laughed. "They're warriors, I don't think that they'll get scared by scratching noises" And if they do, I think I would need new warriors.

"Well, what scares them?" she questioned.

What would scare them? Rogues might, but I am not going near one. I shrugged, while Hope chewed on her thumb nail again. "What if we go in one of the rooms and scream 'help' then when they come, we disappear and do it in another room,"

"That might work! They would be scared for the Queen," I stated. This is totally evil, but I feel like messing with them. We need a little fun in our lives. "Let's go." I grabbed her hand and quickly transported us to a room on the south side of the castle that is also on the second floor.

"1...2..." Hope counted. "3!"

"AHHHH!!! HELP!! SOMEONE HELP US!!" we shouted at the top of our lungs.

I heard footsteps and Scott's voice. "Queen Genevieve!" he yelled. I touched Hope's arm and moved us to the first floor.

"HELP! AHHH!" I yelled.

I heard more running, so I transported us behind my couch. Scott and Jacobs finished running down the stairs, then they went to the room that me and Hope were in. We quietly walked behind them while they looked around.

Hope started counting with her fingers, when she reached 3, we shouted. "BOO!"

"AHH!" Jacobs shrieked and hid behind Scott. We looked at him in shock before bursting into laughter.

"You. Scream. Like. A girl," I choked out between laughs. Jacobs turned red from embarrassment.

"I'm guessing that you have your transportation power under control," Scott grumbled. Me and Hope smiled innocently at him.

"That was just mean!" Jacobs huffed childishly. I swear, the people in this castle just don't grow up. Isn't he like 50 or something? Well, he's actual not that old. But he's definitely old.

"It was Hope's idea!" I accused pointing a finger at the girl.

Hope gasped. "It was your idea to scare them!" she retorted.

"But you picked how!"

"But... but...Ugh!" Hope groaned.

"We'll get you guys back," Jacobs warned before him and Scott left the room.

*****

"Let it go!! Let it go!" Hope and I belted out the lyrics to a Frozen song.

"Can't hold it back anymore!" Matthew joined in. Hope and I stood on the couch and sang, while Matthew stood on the coffee table. Elise was sitting on the floor playing with some letter blocks.

"Come on El, sing for us?" I asked Elise. With her Alpha blood, she already looks three years old instead of a month.

A smile appeared on the little girl's face. "Turn away and slam the door," she sang along.

"That was soo cute!" Hope and I gushed. We looked at each other before I shouted. "Jinx! You owe me a soda!"

Hope glared at me before actually going to the kitchen and getting me a soda. I laughed and thanked her. I sent Hope a questioning look when she backed away from me. She just smiled in return. I opened the can, and it exploded.

Elise, Matthew, and Hope burst into laughter. I rolled my eyes. "Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. Now I have to shower," I pouted.

"You should've seen your face!" Hope shouted after me. I didn't make it to my room, since guards rushed into the castle.

"My Queen," they said before slightly bowing. "Wolves have guns, we need to get you and Hope to the backyard," they stated.

"Get Elise and Matthew to the safe house," I ordered. "Let's go," I said while grabbing Hope's arm.

We ran outside into the backyard, but the guards that we ran with disappeared. "Hello?!" we called out, looking around us.

"Where did they go?" Hope whispered.

"I don't know," I said as I walked back to the castle doors. I tried opening them, but they wouldn't budge. Panic filled my body.

"AH!" Hope shrieked. I turned around and saw her drenched in water.

"What the hell?!" I asked, before I was also covered in water.

Jacobs and Scott came out of the shadows, holding their water guns. "We said we would get you back," they stated with victorious smiles.

"You guys are so gonna pay for that," Hope said, then lunged at the guards.

That's how we started chasing each other around the whole castle.