Chapter Forty

Genevieve

The past few days have been heavenly. I'm not gonna go into a whole lot of detail, let's just say that Asher and I spent a lot of time in our room and going on dates. It was by far the best days of my life, just as Asher promised.

Now my days are gonna go from amazing to bleh.

My mate is leaving, and it could be months until I see him again. While he's gone, I'm gonna be staying on Blue Moon territory. Since I'm Luna, I have responsibility over the pack, meaning I'll fulfill the Alpha duties and run the monthly meetings- with the help of Brian of course. Also, Shawn, Britney, Hope, and Matthew are supposed to stay with me. Belle already left. Hope was getting tired of being a third wheel, and Matthew was getting mopey.

Asher asked them to come so they can cheer me up while I miss him. I doubt it will work though. Nothing can compare to my mate. He's my whole world.

"Eve!" Matthew exclaimed as he ran out Shawn's car and into my arms. Okay, forget about Asher being my whole world, I need my little brother too.

I tightly hugged Matthew and kissed his head. "I missed ya, squirt" I stated.

Matthew wrapped his small arms around my neck. "I missed you, too" he mumbled. "It was so lonely without you" he said sadly.

"Hey!" Shawn exclaimed, looking hurt. "I was with you the whole time" he stated.

Matthew shrugged. "You're boring" he deadpanned.

The girls and I laughed while Shawn pouted. "Brit!" he whined. "Matthew called me boring"

Britney rolled her eyes. "Go play in the sandbox, ya big baby" she teased, making Matthew laugh at Shawn.

"Shawn's a big baby!" Matthew sang.

"No, I'm not!" Shawn huffed.

"Yes, you are!" Matthew argued.

"Am not!"

"Are to!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yeah!"

"No!"

"You're a big big baby!"

"N-"

"Would you two stop it!" Hope scolded them. Matthew and Shawn started poking their tongues at each other, so the girls and I went inside the pack house. "Well isn't he mature" Hope stated sarcastically.

"Hey!" Britney protested. "He's my mate. Only I can call him immature" she said with her arms crossed. "But he is really childish at times" she admitted.

I rolled my eyes at her before my skin started tingling. Asher wrapped an arm around my waist and the firey tingles erupted on my skin. This is probably gonna be the thing that I miss the most. Being able to feel those tingles. The tiny prickling that only happens around your mate.

I instantly leaned into his touch, wishing this moment would never end. That I could just freeze time and stay like this forever. Stay in Asher's warm embrace for the rest of my life. I closed my eyes, trying to savor the moment.

"Aw" Hope and Britney cooed. I blushed a deep shade of red and attempted to hide behind my blonde hair.

The front door burst open and Matthew ran inside the house. "Ash!" he exclaimed before wrapping his arms around Asher's legs.

Asher picked up my brother and held him on his waist. "'Sup bud" Asher greeted him. I watched as Asher talked to Matthew. I actually tuned out everyone's voices while staring at them. They were the only real family I had left. My mate and my brother.