Chapter Nineteen

Genevieve

The pain erupted in my stomach. I winced, but it was over in a short moment. That has to be the fastest one that's passed. However, the red head was still sitting on my mate's lap. It was like time froze, making me think that their kiss was lasting forever- but it was literally a couple of seconds. I pushed back all the hurt and all the anger, while putting on an emotionless face. 

I loudly cleared my throat and they pulled away from each other. I didn't dare to look at Asher. I stared at the red head that was sitting on my mate's lap.

She turned to me, and looked as if she just noticed me sitting in the chair. "Hello. I'm Luna Wendy Keeler," she introduced herself.

Luna? I stuck my hand out for her to shake. "Princess Genevieve Burke."

She stopped shaking my hand and slightly bowed her head. "I apologize for interrupting your meeting, Princess," she said respectfully.

How ironic is that?! She's making out with my mate right in front of me, but she actually has manners. It's weird. "Oh no." I shook my head. "Don't apologize. We're done," I stated and walked out the room. Asher knew what I meant with those last two words. I knew what I was doing. It was over. He can get on his knees and beg, but it would take a lot more just for me to talk to him.

When the door closed, I let my tears fall out. I didn't sob, I just cried. I started running to the guestroom, but I bumped into someone and stumbled backwards.

"Sor- Are you alright?" I looked up and saw a young girl with light brown hair. I nodded my head and walked into Matthew's room. I quickly shut the door and locked it.

Matthew woke up when the door closed. "Eve?" he asked sleepily.

I sat on the bed next to him. "S-sorry, squirt. Go b-back to sleep," I said shakily.

Matthew rubbed his eyes and studied my face, before wrapping his small arms around me. "Why are you crying?"

"I just... got hurt," I whispered.

"Do you need to see the doctor?" he asked innocently.

I sighed and wiped my face. "No, I just want to rest."

"Okay. Let's take a nap," he decided.

*****

Matthew (Eve's little brother)

I let Eve hug me while she cried. I don't know why she's crying. It doesn't look like she got hurt, but I didn't ask her about it.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and she started to fall asleep. She softly snored with her head resting on the pillow. I laid next to her and stared at the ceiling. I slept most of the day, so I'm wide awake now.

I heard yelling downstairs, then a door slammed. Someone tried opening the bedroom door, but Eve locked it. Looking at the bottom of the door, I watched as the person's shadow left. I walked over to the door and peeked outside. Asher was walking down the hallway. As quietly as I could, I went back into the room and shut the door.

Eve started groaning and I turned around. There was a man carrying her. I opened my mouth to scream, but someone grabbed me from behind. He put his large hand over my mouth, and all my words were muffled.

"What should I do with the kid?" the man holding me asked.

"Leave him. We just need the girl," the guy with Eve said. I started kicking and thrashing against the man. He chuckled and easily kept me still.

"Aw. Does the little guy want his sister to stay?" the man teased me. I nodded my head, not realizing his taunting manners.

The guy holding Eve walked towards us until he was right in front of me. "You tell the Royal Pack that Alpha Thomas Jacobs has the future Queen. And if they want her back, come and get her."