Chapter Thirty

Genevieve

After I talked to Matthew, he was yawning. Asher and I left so he could take a nap. Asher sat on the couch in the living room while I sat on his lap. He had his arms wrapped around my waist while rubbing my stomach. "That went better than I expected," I said honestly.

Asher kissed my mark, making me shiver. Stupid sensitive spot. "You did good. Wanna go out before the meeting?" he asked.

For a split second, Ingrid took control. "No," she said simply before going into the back of my mind. She's been more active lately. She's not fully healed, but she's stronger than before.

'Why not?' I asked my wolf.

'You need to talk to Hope,' she responded.

I sighed. "Sorry. I have to talk to Hope apparently," I mumbled.

"That's okay. I'll go hang out with Scott," Asher said. We both stood up and I gave him a quick kiss before he walked away. I went to Hope's room, and heard talking.

"He's your mate. Go hang out with him," Hope demanded.

"But you're here. I haven't seen you in the past two years," Britney argued.

"And you just met Shawn," Hope retorted. "I'll still be here when you get back. Shawn wants to take you on a date, so go. It'll be fun, Brit."

"Bu-"

"Go. Before I tell Shawn to drag you out of here."

Britney sighed before she walked out the room. She jumped when she saw me. "My Queen," she said with a slight bow.

I groaned. "You guys make me feel old when you do that." Britney ignored me as she walked down the hallway.

"Hey, Eve," Hope greeted me.

"Hey. Ingrid wants me to talk to you," I said, getting straight to the point.

"What about?"

Hm... Well, where do I start? "Uh... why was the ground shaking when I growled?" I asked.

Hope sighed and motioned for me to sit on the couch in her room. "I'm not exactly sure. The Moon Goddess said that you're special. You have powers or something," she stated.

"Powers?" I asked.

She nodded. "You can control the earth, which is why the ground was shaking. You can heal people, but that might take some time to learn. You can also transport, and you will learn how to transport others as well."

I just blinked. "Am I like... a witch?" I questioned slowly.

Hope shook her head. "I have no idea what you are. The Goddess just told me that you will obtain these powers at different times. Not all at once. Since you have the power to move the earth, you're healing power should come soon."

"Um... Okay?" I said slowly.

"Have you gone in heat yet?" Hope asked randomly.

I shook my head. "It should've happened, but it never did."

"It won't happen. You won't get heat."

"What? Why not?" I questioned. All she-wolves go into heat after they meet their mate. Its supposed to speed up the mating process.

"I wish I knew. You're lucky. Heat sucks," Hope grumbled.

I giggled. "Have you found out anything else about the message?" I asked.

Hope sighed. "Nope. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," she quickly dismissed the subject. "How was the talk with Matthew?" she asked.

"It went pretty well actually. We both cried, but it was easier than I thought," I said honestly.

"What did you tell him?" she inquired.

"That our parents are gonna live with the Moo-"

"Eve!" Asher shouted as he barged into the room. "We need to go," he said in a rush while grabbing my hand.

"What? Why?" I asked as he dragged me out Hope's room.

"Rogues. The guards are holding them off, but there's a lot of them. We need to get you out of here," he stated while we ran through the castle.

"Wait," I said, coming to a stop. "Where's Matthew?"

Asher grabbed my hand and started pulling me again. "I'll get him once your safe," he said.

I shook my head and ripped my hand from his grasp. I ignored his pleas for me to come back as I sprinted to Matthew's room. I froze when I saw that the door was broken down. I stepped over the broken wood to get into the room. I smelt the rogue.

"Matthew?!" I shouted, going deeper into the trashed room.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here," a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw six rogues in front of me. All were male, and the blonde one had his hand over my brother's mouth as he held him in the air.

'Eve! What's wrong?' Asher said through the mind-link.

'Get more people. There are rogues in Matthew's room,'

'I'm coming,'

'Don't! There's too many. Get help first,' I said before blocking him out.

"Its the Queen," a rogue sneered as he took a step forward. I stood straight and let my eyes change into their bright color.

"She's a pretty one ain't she. Lookin' all tough," another man said.

"Let go of my brother," I growled lowly, making the ground shake.

"Or what?" the rogue asked. I didn't say anything, knowing that I couldn't take all six of them by myself.

The blonde rogue holding my brother, pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it to Matthew's throat. "Stay still, Queen Genevieve," the rogue demanded. "Do it now," he whispered.

A man stepped forward, he wasn't a werewolf, but he's supernatural. He closed his eyes and started chanting. "Dát vám moc. Dát vám moc. Dát vám moc. Dát vám moc. Dát vám moc." Damn witch. When he was done, he walked out with almost all the rogues.

The blonde one smirked at me before pushing the blade into my brother's back. I quickly shifted and sent a lethal bite on his neck. He instantly died, and I shifted back.

"Matthew," I whispered as I grabbed my little brother. "Help! Somebody help!" I shouted as loud as I could. Scott, Asher, Jacobs, Hope, Jordyn, and Ryan ran into the room. They all gasped and stared at my brother. The blood was soaking through his shirt and was on my hands.

"Get a doctor!" I screeched. None of them moved. "Don't just stand there! He's dying!"

His heartbeat was slowing down, barely even beating. "No no no no no," I whispered. "Stay with me. Don't you dare die on me."

"Eve," Asher said softly.

"Get the doctor!" I growled, making the ground shake again. Hope gasped and ran up to me.

"Heal him."