Chapter Forty-One

Asher

Dr. Nale literally dragged me into the car. After I yelled at Eve, I mind-linked her, begging her to come back. I didn't want to leave with her mad at me. I screwed up, big time.

"You got that right" Gavin, my wolf, intervened.

I groaned and ran my hand down my face as Carlos, one of my warriors, drove us away from the pack house. I tried to mind-link Eve again, but I just kept hitting her mental wall. God. I'm such an idiot.

"Wow. You just realized this?" Gavin said sarcastically.

I growled at him. "You're not fuckin' helping" I said before pushing him to the back of my mind.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I asked Carlos since my phone is in my duffle-bag. He nodded and dug the device out of his pocket. "Thanks" I said while typing Shawn's number.

The annoying ringing started and I waited for Shawn to answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, Shawn. It's Asher" I greeted him.

"Oh. What's going on?" he asked. "I heard you and Eve yelling. It didn't sound good" he stated.

I sighed. "I might have used my Alpha voice on her, and she teleported out the house"

"Damn. And you just left?" he asked with a little anger in his voice.

I didn't yell at him for being angry. Even I was angry at myself. "Someone" I said while glaring at Dr. Nale. "Dragged me out the house"

"I'll try to find her"

I sighed in relief. "Thanks. You can't mind-link her though. She has her wall up" I informed him.

Shawn groaned. "Okay. I'll find her scent" he said.

"Thank you. Can you tell-" I stopped, not liking that word. "Can you ask her to call me? Please" I said, deciding not to make it sound like I was 'forcing' Eve to do something. I wasn't caring that I sounded heartbroken in front of my pack members. I hated that Eve was mad at me.

"Yeah. Of course" Shawn said before hanging up. I sighed and handed Carlos back his phone. After that, the car was filled with complete silence.

*****

"Hey, Chris!" a man exclaimed while shaking hands with Dr. Nale. We just arrived at the nearest coven, the Twilight Coven.

Dr. Nale smiled at the man. "Hello, Patrick" he greeted 'Patrick.' "This is Alpha Asher Reed" he introduced me.

"Hello" I said while shaking his hand.

Patrick smiled kindly at me. "Hello. I'm the leader of my coven. So I guess we're both kinda Alphas" he joked. I cracked a smile, still in a bitter mood.

It has been two hours and Eve hasn't contacted me. I don't even know why I commanded her. It just happened, but I doubt she will believe that. What's even worse is that I know I deserve this. I deserve being ignored and maybe even being hated.

If Eve commanded me, which she can since she's Queen, then I would probably ignore her- or at least try to ignore her; I mean, how could you resist talking to her. Anyways, no one likes being commanded to do something, especially if you're being commanded by your mate. Which is exactly what I did to Eve. And I've done so much wrong, I can't afford to keep fucking up. I even thought that we were doing good. But I just screwed things up again.

Fingers snapped in my face, pulling me from my thoughts. "Were you listening?" Dr. Nale questioned. I didn't even have to answer. "I'm sorry, Patrick. Alpha Reed has some personal issues to deal with" he said slowly. "Go call your mate" Dr. Nale demanded. "Use my phone. It would be a better chance of her answering if its not your number" Ouch. That one stung. But he's probably right.

I thanked him and grabbed his phone before walking to a nearby park. I sat on the swings and dialed Eve's number. The annoying sound was informing me that her phone was ringing. "Hey. This is Eve. Leave a message after this beep thing-y" her voice said, the call going to voicemail.

I sighed and called her again. This time, she actually picked up. "Hello?" Just hearing her voice made me feel better. "Hello?" she asked again.

"Eve. It's me, Asher" I said. The other line was complete silence. I looked at the phone screen that said we were still connected. "Baby. I'm so sorry" I said softly. She still didn't say anything. Honestly, I would rather have her yell at me, than be silent. "Please say something" I begged.

I heard her sniffle and I instantly hated myself for making her cry. My heart ached. I continued to listen to her cry, but she didn't say anything. "Eve, talk to me. I can't stand the silence. Please" I pleaded.

She took a deep breath before she exploded. "We're mates, Asher" Well, I know that. "Which means we're the Alpha and Luna, and more importantly, we are the King and Queen. We're equals" Guilt filled my whole body.

"I-"

"No!" Eve snapped, cutting off my apology. "Just listen. For once, just listen" she said quietly. I wasn't gonna push my luck. I stayed silent. She's hurting, and she needs to let it out.

She was quiet for a while, probably trying to find the right words to say. "You rejected me, Asher. You took one look at me and decided that you didn't want me" she stated. I wanted to say that I had a reason. I wanted to tell her that it was a stupid mistake, the worst mistake I've ever made. But I couldn't. She's been holding everything in, but its not healthy. She needs to say what she feels and thinks, even if it breaks my heart.

"I don't know why you did it. I didn't even say one word to you. All it took was one look, one fucking look and you judged me" she spat. "You rejected me, then walked away like I wasn't shit to you!" she shouted.

My eyes stung as my mate basically told me that I was an asshole that didn't deserve her. It hurt like hell, but I deserved it. "I coul-"

"And I was stupid enough to forgive you!" she hissed, stopping me from explaining myself. I had to walk away. I couldn't see her look so broken, so sad. "We've been through so much fucking shit. But we sorted it out. And this- I don't even know how to fix this" she said before sighing in defeat.

A couple of tears freely fell on my lap. Eve was quiet, so I took the time to talk. "I fucked up. I know that. I fucked up so many times, and you forgave me. But I swear to god, I don't do it on purpose. I'm trying to be a good mate, I really am. I don't mean to do all this shit, it just happens" I said honestly.

"Yeah. Shit happens" Eve snapped.

I ran my hand trough my hair. "I'm so so sorry. I know that apologizing is never enough, but I will always, always regret rejecting you" I informed her.

"I just-" she paused, taking a deep breath. "I need time, Asher" she said softly.

Then, I'll give her time and space and whatever. "Okay. I love you, so much, Eve" I stated. I didn't hang up. I needed to see if she would say it. I silently prayed that she would say it. And she did.

"I love you, too, Asher"

She still loves me.