Chapter Twenty-Nine

Asher

"I love you, Eve" I said after we marked each other.

We finally marked each other. After weeks of sitting by her while she was in her coma, then a week of us fighting, a few days of us being together, a couple of days of her being kidnapped, a few more days of her without emotions, a whole night filled with her sobs, now we marked each other. After almost two months filled with ups and downs, we drove past a bumpy road. We started the mating process. I'm hers and she's mine.

Eve gently pressed her lips to mine. It was such a small kiss, but more amazing than any kiss I shared with another girl. Her soft lips heated mine as the familiar fiery feeling erupted in my stomach. A feeling that I only felt with my mate.

"I love you, too," Eve whispered as our foreheads rested on each other.

"Huh?" I asked, acting like I didn't hear her.

"I love you," she whispered again.

"Babe, I have no idea what your saying," I said feigning confusion.

She shifted her body so her mouth was right next to my ear. Her breath blew against my earlobe as she whispered. "I. Love. You."

I leaned back so we were face-to-face. I ran my hands up and down her sides while staring into her gorgeous blue-grey eyes. My gaze flickered down to her lips, and I saw her eyes do the same. I quickly pulled her into a kiss and our lips moved in sync.

"I love you," I mumbled against her lips. She smiled into the kiss before pulling away. I kept my hands on her waist and held her against me, enjoying the feeling of her heat close to my body.

"Asher," Eve said softly. "I really have to talk to Matthew."

I frowned. "Can we do that tomorrow?" I asked. "Let me hold you, just for today," I said before lightly kissing her mark.

Eve shivered and turned her head to quickly peck my lips. "Just for today, but tomorrow I'm talking to Matthew." I nodded and rested my head in her neck while inhaling her vanilla scent. "I'm hungry," Eve stated while her stomach growled.

I chuckled and she lightly hit my chest. "Let's go eat," I said while pulling us off the bed.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as we walked to the kitchen. Jordyn was at the dining table pouring Matthew a bowl of cereal as Elise was loudly crying in her high chair. Jordyn groaned and ran a hand through her tangled hair.

"Jordyn," Eve said as she walked towards the Luna. "Get some rest."

"I can't. Elise and Matthew need to eat, then take baths, then I have to finish planning the coronation ceremony. Ryan wants to have a romantic dinner today, so I have to find a sitter. And I'm completely exhausted!" Jordyn shouted frustrated, then started bawling.

Was this normal? She was just shouting, now she's crying. I hope not all women are like this, that would just be too much. What if Eve's like that? I would literally go crazy. "I can hear your thoughts Asher," Eve snapped though the mind-link. Needless to say, I quickly blocked my thoughts from her.

"Just rest until dinner. I'll take care of Elise and Matthew. The coronation can wait a few days. Just go home," Eve said softly.

"But you can't do it alone. These kids are a handful," Jordyn said while motioning towards the crying baby and Matthew, who just spilled his whole bowl of cereal.

"I'll help," I said while picking Elise up from her high chair. She started moving around until she stuck her thumb in her mouth and her crying stopped.