Chapter Thirty-Five

Asher

"Are you guys fully mated?" Peyton asked. I'm still at the pack house; most of the pack members retired to their rooms or homes, since its almost 9 p.m. Now it's just Brian, Peyton, Dr. Nale, a few others, and myself.

Before I had the chance to reply, my phone started playing Stay With Me by Sam Smith. I smiled, knowing that Eve was the one calling me, I have that song as her ringtone. Jordyn personally changed it for me. I swiped the screen to answer the call.

"Hey." I rolled my eyes when I noticed Peyton and Brian focus to hear my conversation. Dr. Nale and the others left to give us privacy.

"Hi, Babe. Are you coming back soon?" Eve asked.

I nodded, but she didn't say anything. "Hello?" I asked.

"What?"

"You didn't say anything," I informed her.

"You didn't answer my question," she said slowly.

"Yeah, I did. I nodded," I argued. Peyton started laughing, while Brian rolled his eyes. I ignored them, and focused on my phone. Eve was also laughing.

"What's so funny?!" I exclaimed. Its like they all know a joke, but I'm completely clueless.

"She can't see you, dumbass," Brian stated.

Peyton laughed louder, and Eve heard. "Who's that?" she asked seriously.

"Peyton. Why? Are you jealous?" I asked. Eve didn't respond before hanging up. I frowned at my blank screen.

Peyton walked over to me and smacked my head. "You're an idiot," she informed me.

"Call her back," Brian demanded.

I dialed Eve's number, but it went straight to voicemail. "I think she's mad," I mumbled. This time, Brian smacked the back of my head.

"Mind-link her."

I mentally cursed myself for not thinking about that. I was relieved to find out that Eve didn't block me out.

'Babe,' I cooed. Eve didn't respond, but I know she heard me. 'I'm sorry,'

'Who's Peyton?' Eve asked.

'Brian's mate,' I answered. My phone started playing Eve's ringtone, and I immediately picked up.

"I love you," I said instantly. Peyton smiled at me while Brian mouthed 'whipped.' I rolled my eyes. 'So are you,' I mouthed back.

"I love you, too," Eve stated.

"Hi! I'm Peyton, and we are gonna be like besties!" Peyton shouted. Brian covered her mouth to muffle whatever else she was trying to say.

Eve giggled. "Ash, put me on speaker," she demanded.

I dramatically sighed and pressed the button. "You're on speakerphone," I informed her.

"Hi," she said sheepishly.

I chuckled and Brian released his mate. "Hi BFF!" Peyton said.

"Hey, Peyton. Is Brian there too?" Eve asked.

"Yeah, I'm here," Brian spoke up. "How's it going, Eve?"

She groaned in response. "I have so much work," she complained.

"Not that I don't love talking to you; but why did you call if you still have work?" I asked.

"Cause Ingrid wouldn't shut up," she grumbled. I heard knocking through the phone, then Eve told us to hold on. Peyton, Brian, and I silently listened to the other line.