Chapter Forty-Nine

Genevieve

I looked back and forth between Jacobs and Hope, who looked like deer in headlights. Jacobs got up and walked behind Hope, wrapping his arms around her. Hope turned red as Jacobs kissed her neck; where I'm guessing her mark is. My guard and my guardian angel/werewolf are mated!

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed while jumping up and down. Asher quickly swooped me and and placed me on the kitchen island. I watched as he contacted someone through the mind-link. "What?" I asked confused. Dr. Nale came into the kitchen and practically ran up to me. "What's going on?" I questioned.

Asher lifted up my shirt and Dr. Nale started examining my stomach. His fingers were so cold as he pressed down on my skin. "Do you feel any pain?" the doctor asked. I furrowed my eyebrows together and shook my head.

Both Dr. Nale and Asher sighed in relief. "Dammit, Eve" Asher scolded me quietly.

Tears poured out of my eyes. It was like when I got scolded as a kid. I felt as if he was disappointed in me; and I hated it. But the worst part is that I didn't even know what I did wrong. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

Dr. Nale looked at my hurt and confused expression. "Jumping can harm the baby and cause premature labor" he explained.

I was instantly filled with guilt. "I didn't know" I said quietly. I was supposed to read those pregnancy books, but they were extremely boring. There were like three chapters just about what not to eat.

Asher sighed before wiping my tears away and pecking my lips. "Its okay. Don't cry" he said before kissing me again. Stupid hormones. "Let's have Dr. Nale check on the baby, just in case"

I quickly nodded in agreement. We followed Dr. Nale to the hospital wing of the castle. He rolled a machine out of the cabinet. It looked like an extremely small T.V., or a really big iPad. Either way, the thing was hooked up with wires and a something that resembled small microphone. I sat down on the bed and Dr. Nale told me to lean back.

"This might be a little cold" Dr. Nale informed be as he pulled out a bottle of blue gooey stuff.

He squirted the stuff on my stomach, and it was like putting ice cubes on me. "Holy shit! That's fucking freezing!" I shouted. Dr. Nale chuckled as he used the microphone thing-y to move around the gel. On the screen, the ultrasound popped up. "What is that?" I asked. I can't make out anything. 

"Well, that is an arm" Dr. Nale said as he pointed at the screen. "Here's the head. A leg. Another arm. And that's the head" he stated.

My eyebrows furrowed together. "Did the baby move?" I questioned. "You pointed out the head twice, but it's two different places" I explained. Dr. Nale hummed before moving the tool around again. "Holy crap! My baby has two heads!" I exclaimed. I didn't know jumping could do that! How does that even happen?!

Dr. Nale laughed. "Your baby doesn't have two heads. You have two babies" he informed me. I looked at my stomach, then the doctor, then the screen, then my stomach, then my mate, then the doctor, then- basically I was looking back and forth between everything.

"We're having twins?" Asher asked.

The doctor nodded. "It is too early to identify the genders of the babies; but you definitely have more than one baby in there" he stated while cleaning the gel off of my stomach. More than one baby.

I'll have to buy two of everything. Two cribs. Two strollers. Two car-seats. Two times the diapers. Two times the baby outfits. Two babies are going to be growing inside of me. "How will they even fit in there?!" I wondered out loud.

Asher chuckled. "Babe. You're stomach will stretch. It's already stretching" he said.

I frowned and snapped my head up to look at my mate. "Are you calling me fat?" I accused. Asher looked panicked, whilst I looked down at my stomach. "Daddy just called Mommy fat" I told my tummy.