Chapter Fifteen

Asher

After Eve wakes up

I knew I messed everything up when I snapped at Genevieve. Its just cause I was trying to apologize, to get her to forgive me, to give us a shot. But she and her uncle had me on a timer. I walked out her room and into my guest room. She needed space. I grabbed my bag and walked to the front door.

I almost ran into Shawn on the way out. He eyed my bag. "You going back?" Shawn asked. I nodded. "But she just woke up."

"She needs some space. I'll be back in a few hours," I said while I walked past him. I shifted into my wolf and mind-linked Brian, telling him that I was leaving. He was relieved that he could stop doing paperwork.

I had to catch up on what was going on with the pack. I ran to my territory with my bag between my canines. I arrived at the pack house about forty-five minutes later. I walked through the doors and breathed in the scents of my pack members. I smelt Brian, my parents, Wendy, and a few others.

Brian walked to the front door to greet me. We shook hands and hugged. Go ahead, call me a girl. But he's my best friend, and I haven't seen him in over two weeks. I let go of Brian, just to be jumped on. Wendy's scent created a bubble around me.

She wrapped her legs around my waist and crossed her ankles over each other behind my back. She grabbed my face in her hands and pressed her lips to mine. I grabbed her thighs to hold her up while we kissed. Someone clearing their throat interrupted us.

We pulled away to see Brian with his arms crossed and he was glaring at me. Wendy jumped off me and ran her hand down my chest and laced her fingers with mine. "Give us a minute," Brian demanded Wendy. Well, that's rude. She nodded and pecked my cheek before leaving.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked my Beta.

Brian growled. "Are you kidding me?!" I shot him a look and he rubbed his face. "You are so stupid!" I growled and glared at him. "You really don't know what you did wrong?"

I shook my head. "I was just kissing Wendy. What the hell is wrong with that?" I asked.

Brian sighed and rubbed his temple. "You have a mate."

"Shit!" I cursed. I forgot about Eve. Things with Wendy are just habits. Could I get anymore stupid?! How the hell did I forget about my mate? She'll really gonna kill me.

"You should hope that she doesn't find out," Brian said.

"She won't find out. Unless you're gonna tell her?" I stated. Brian shook his head. "Alright then. Let's get some work done."

*****

Wendy left when me and Brian started working. Brian didn't tell her that I met my mate, or where I was this whole time. Which I was grateful for. I haven't figured out how to tell her that she can't be Luna. I already hurt Eve; and I need to patch that up. I know that Wendy doesn't have anyone- I'm the only one that actually talks to her. I don't want to hurt her and leave her with no one.

"You should head back," Brian suggested when we finished the paperwork.

I nodded in agreement. "You're gonna be good here right?"

"I've been fine these past two weeks. Another week or so won't hurt," Brian assured me. "Go get your mate."

I grinned at my best friend and went to my room. I put clean clothes in my bag and headed to the castle. It was about four o'clock when I got to the castle. I shifted back into my human form and swung my bag over my shoulder. I made my way to the front door, but two men blocked my way.