Chapter Twenty-Four

Genevieve

I followed Shawn up a ladder. We ended up in a pool house. The water in my cell must've been coming from the pool. We walked through the house. People bowed their heads at me and I nodded at them. Shawn lead me outside and to a van.

"You must be Princess Genevieve," a man greeted us.

I nodded and Shawn spoke. "She needs to see a doctor."

The man scanned my body, looking for visible injuries. "You are not physically hurt. Why do you feel the need to receive medical attention?" he inquired.

"Are you a doctor?" I questioned.

The man nodded. "A mental and physical doctor. I am part of the Blue Moon Pack. I'm Dr. Nale."

"The doctor that saw me in my cell, he said that my wolf died," I explained.

"What do you mean she died?"

Both men waited for my answer. "Well, my mate is an ass-hole. He almost killed me, now he killed my wolf," I stated calmly.

"He killed your wolf?!" Shawn growled.

I shrugged. "That's what the doctor said."

"Why does he think your wolf died?" Dr. Nale questioned.

"I was able to touch the silver bars in my cell. I didn't get burned. And I haven't heard from Ingrid- my wolf- since I got here," I explained.

Dr. Nale nodded and turned to Shawn. "Can you go get Alpha Reed for me?"

Shawn nodded and started to walk away, but I blocked his path. "I don't want Alpha Reed here," I stated as calm as possible.

"You need your ma-"

"That bastard is not my mate!" I shouted, cutting off the doctor.

"Eve," Shawn said softly. "He makes you stronger. You need that strength from him."

I growled at my best friend. "He cheated three times. I had to feel that pain three times. And the third time actually killed a part of me," I hissed. "He killed my wolf, Shawn. He hurt me too much. That guy is not my mate." I thought my best friend would've agreed with me.

Dr. Nale spoke softly with sympathy. "Princess, you can't change who your mate is. Asher screwed up, big time. But he came here to save you."

I scoffed. "He came here to be a hero. He came here cause he felt bad for me. He felt guilty. None of this changes anything. Asher rejected me. He blamed me for having to go though the pain of him being with Wendy. He put me in a coma, but right after I wake up he leaves-"

"He left to give you time" Shawn interrupted me.

"He left to be with Wendy," I spat. "Then he came back and apologized. And being the naïve person I am, I gave him another chance. Then he takes me to meet his pack. But he has Wendy lined up to be Luna."

"He didn't find his mate when he was younger. Wendy was a replacement," Dr. Nale stated.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care if she was a replacement. But the fact that she is- like currently- still a replacement, it hurt. The pain of knowing that my mate replaced me in every way possible was unbearable," I sneered.

"Was?" Dr. Nale asked.

I nodded. "It was. I don't feel it anymore. I don't feel anything," I said. Both men stared at me in confusion causing me to roll my eyes. "I turned off my emotions," I explained. I thought doctors were smart.