Chapter Thirty-Seven

Genevieve

Sunlight seeped through the window, interrupting my peaceful sleep. I opened my eyes, and blinked a few times to adjust to the brightness. I looked around the room. Clothes were scattered on the floor, and a lamp was knocked off the nightstand. Asher was sound asleep next to me.

I gently brushed his hair out of his face, careful not to wake him. He looked so innocent. Not so innocent after what we did last night. I watched as his chest moved up and down with his steady breaths. My eyes wandered lower, to not-so-little Asher Jr. I blushed fiercely and pulled the blanket up to cover it. I know it wasn't his first time, but it was mine. And it was not like the movies.

The events of yesterday came back to me. Having my heat, then completing the mating process. We stayed in his room all day, I honestly couldn't keep my hands off of him; but he didn't protest to my actions. I cringed, realizing how needy I was. But at least it was fun. I was insanely awkward. I remembered laughing a lot. It was easy with him. Even if I was nervous, he seemed to ease all my worries and insecurities. He also wasn't lying about it hurting.

On the brighter side, I'm fully mated to Asher Reed. The thought caused a smile to form on my face. I snatched his black shirt from the bed post, and pulled it over my head.

I ignored the soreness from last night. I swung my legs off the bed and stood up. I took one shaky step while clutching the nightstand for support. I debated whether or not to wake up Asher. I should shower first though.

I took another step, before my legs gave out. I fell to the floor. "Damn it!" I cursed. I slapped a hand over my mouth, but it was too late. Asher jumped out of bed and was at my side.

"What happened?" he asked while scanning my body for injuries. Heat crept up to my face, and I covered my eyes with my hands. Don't look. Don't look at it. "Babe?" Asher asked concerned.

I took a deep breath before moving my hands. I looked everywhere except at Asher. "Uh... Can you.... put on pants?" I asked sheepishly.

A chuckle escaped his lips before he pulled on a pair of grey sweats. Asher walked back over to me and gently pulled me up to stand. "Why were you on the floor?" he asked.

"I fell," I mumbled. My legs were shaking, so I grabbed Asher's arm to keep myself standing.

Asher put his hands on my waist and looked at me concerned. "What's wrong?" he asked.

I motioned to my lower body, but Asher got confused. "I'm sore," I answered quietly. He said it would hurt, and I knew I would be sore. But I didn't know my legs would forget how to work.

He sighed and gently kissed me. He rested his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry," he muttered, making his hot breath blow against my lips.

"What for?" I asked confused. Did he regret last night? Was I doing something wrong last night? He probably doesn't want to be with me. Sadness washed over me at the thought of Asher leaving me. "D-do you regret it?" I voiced my thoughts.

Asher suddenly moved his head away and cupped my face in his hands. "I would never regret last night," he assured me. "I love you so much; and I'm never leaving."

I sighed. "You actually do have to leave," I argued while prying his hands away from my face. "You have a life with your pack. All your friends are there." He's been here for almost three months, leaving his pack without their Alpha. Leaving Brian without his best friend. He dropped everything just for me. He went back a couple days here and there. But that's no way to be an Alpha. He can't lead his pack from here. He can't protect them.

Asher shook his head. "You are my life. You are my family." Selfishly, his words immediately made a smile spread across my face. "Why would you even think that I would regret mating with you?" he questioned a few moments later.