Chapter 1: Theo

Author's note: Trigger warnings, marked areas, and even summaries are given during chapters to ensure you as a reader can take care of your mental health. They are placed at the end of each chapter in the notes.

And as always: I do not own the rights to these characters, all rights are reserved to J. K. Rowling

____________________

"Shit."

Why does the Floo have to be so loud? How has no one invented a Floo system that has the option to not create the most irritating popping noise in the whole wizarding world? Or a quieter noise at least.

Theo had this same thought every time he flooed back to his childhood home.

He steps gently out of the fireplace, and hears the echo of the pop travel through the expansive hallways.

He stands there for a moment, holding his breath.

Just listening.

Waiting.

Empty.

Quiet.

"Thank Merlin." He whispers. He takes off both shoes to ensure he doesn't make a sound, and starts to walk quickly to his wing of the manor.

If I can make it to my rooms. That is the goal.

His father hadn't been to his wing in years.

He climbs the stairs, staying to the right side up 12 steps, and then leaping to the railing edge for the next 3, then close to the right again for the final few steps left. He turns right trying to stay in the shadows and keeps his eyes on the floor, and ears open.

"The disgrace is back."

"Are you sure? With him in the shadows, and with his new demeanor, I for a moment thought it was his bitch of a mother."

"Pff to see our line be placed into the hands of a boy who..."

"Always a pleasure Archibald, Francis, Theodore." Theo tips his head at the portraits of his relatives, and then quirks it to the left to keep his curling brown hair out of his vision. Something that had become a tick of his over the past few months as his hair had grown longer than he had ever had it before. The curls were a bit out of control. Usually at a shorter length, they would stay put. But at this length, with them resting on the arch of his neck and at the beginning of his nose, the buggers got in the way constantly.

They were becoming a problem.

Especially during their last mission while waiting out the appearance of the most recent Order safe house lead. As he, Blaise, and Draco lay close to the ground with a disillusionment spell wrapped around them, Blaise had shot him right in the eye with one of Pansy's green hair elastics.

"Shit! Ouch. What was that for?"

"If you don't pull those curls back, they are going to be the death of you. And if that is the case, I will ensure to place 'Theodore Nott: Son, Friend, and only Death Eater to die by hair' on your name plaque in the family mausoleum." Blaise whispered in a fake serious tone.

He scoffed.

"It's funny you think my father would allow my body to be placed in the family mausoleum," Theo responded darkly, rubbing his watering eye. He was not in the mood for Blaise's humor.

"True." Blaise agreed as he stretched his arms out in front of him into the dew wet grass. They had been laying on that damn hill all night. At least 10 hours. No Order safe house or human appeared.