Chapter 57: Ron

Surprise again. Yes, you have to read it. No, I am not providing a summary. We will get through this together. (P.S. This is one of my favorite chapters in the story)

TW!! - Depictions and discussions of sexual assault, and alcohol abuse.

If you do enjoy music while reading, the following songs I listened to on repeat as I wrote and looked for inspiration for this chapter:

- Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin
- La La Land by Adam Jensen
- Will It Ever Be the Same by Young Summer
- Between the Wars be Allman Brown

_______________________________

'The Weasley Warrior and Broken Girl Reunite.'

An exclusive sighting of the recovering third member of the Golden Trio, Hermione Granger, as she continues to battle for her sanity.  She and our war hero, Ronald Weasley, reunited with a warm embrace that was all this reporter needed, to see that the plain but ambitious girl continues to have a taste for famous wizards.

It has been released that Miss. Granger's ailments center around manipulation of her mind by a vast amount of interference.

"She is finally safe now." Voldemort slayer, Ronald Weasley, said to reporters before he was given exclusive access to see the once Golden Girl. "And I know that she will overcome everything that was done to her."

The specifics of Miss. Granger's participation within The Order, and how exactly she came to the state she is currently in, are still unknown.

"We want to focus on moving forward." Said interim Minister of Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt when asked about the details behind Miss. Granger's injuries. "That is what she would want as well. Miss. Granger and Mr. Potter had very big plans for the future of the wizarding world; ones that I know they would want us to work towards, rather than dwelling on things that cannot be changed."

The embrace between Mr. Weasley and Miss. Granger quickly turned into a more private moment between the two young heroes. Right after this shot was taken, hands started...

Ron rips the front page of the newspaper in half. Watching it split down the center; most of his body on one side, and the small amount of hers that can be seen, on the other. The fracture causes the moving image of the two of them to finally fucking stop.

He throws it to the ground, and grabs at the side of his head as her screaming becomes louder again.

More screaming. Different screaming.

The Final Battle had added to his inventory of her screams that now played in a loop within his head.

Monster!
Monster!

"FUCK!" He turns and smashes his fists into the brick wall next to him. Pressing his head into the cold, rough surface. Feeling his brain start to tell him to stop, to pull back, before his skin split.

They had somehow twisted it anyway. Even without doing what they wanted him to do, they had somehow turned the article into a focus on her personal life, rather than her recovery. Rather than focusing on... him, and what he did to her. There was no mention of the prick anywhere.

Not one.

That is not what I agreed to.

"Mr. Weasley, they are ready for you."

Ron turns around and leans against the wall. "Give me a minute."

The random person gives him a slight nod before exiting through the door.

Leaving him alone.

All alone.

Like always.

It never stopped; this feeling of invisibility, of inadequacy, of missing.