Chapter 2: Hermione

Everything hurts. Everything has hurt for so long she doesn't remember a time when every breath wasn't a consistent battle.

Don't do it. Your lungs can hold out a bit longer. You haven't even made it 60 seconds.
Remember? At 60 seconds you can take a breath if you want.
But why do you want to?
Let's just stop.
It hurts anyways.
It all, always hurts...

She feels skin touching her, creating little areas of pain more intense than the rest of her body. But skin is touching her skin again, she can register that through the fog of pain in her mind, she doesn't want to feel it.

Please just go unconscious again. Please, you know it's easier.

She wills her mind to give in to the pain, but she has always been a stubborn one. The skin touching her moves slightly, and she lets out a raspy whimper as the pain on her right side seers into the back of her skull and into her nostrils.

"Shit, Granger I'm sorry, sorr... shit... why didn't I do this to start with..."

The skin touching her disappears and a cold surface under her shocks her fever infected skin as another small whimper leaves her.

She is only placed on the cold for a second before something soft is wrapped around her and it feels like she is floating.

I'm going to pass out again. Please Merlin let me pass out again...

But of course she doesn't, the pain keeps weaving throughout her body as she feels like she is floating.

It's time to take your next breath.
Do you want to pet?
No. But you know you are going to make me...

She takes a breath in and the pain magnifies. She groans and feels her head lob to the side.

"We're almost there, we're almost there Granger." The voice makes its way through the fog. It sounds familiar. She can't place it, can't put a face to it. But a lot of the voices she hears are familiar. She knows it is a males voice. Different then the one from earlier. Who was he again? She knows, she knows who it was. It is right there at the tip of her tongue, but it won't form...

She feels herself being placed on something soft. It forms around her broken body as she falls deeper into it.

It's a bed.

No...

She jerks her head upwards and opens her eyes too quickly.

Get on the floor. Get on the floor.

She hears the pain in her ears as her eyes adjust from the pitch black room she was in, to the naturally lit room she is in now.

"No, plea.." she can't finish as her jaw locks up and a white light covers the vision in her left eye for far too long to be okay.

She hears shuffling to her left and a shadow enters her periphery.

"It's okay, It's okay Granger, I need you to open your mouth..."

Open your mouth...
Nonononono....

Tears fill her eyes, and her body starts to shake as she obeys.

"Okay good, great, yeah okay, you are going to feel a tingle here for a few seconds but it'll... shit you know all this. Draught of Peace Granger, that's what I'm using."

She doesn't know what the male voice is going on about. She knows nothing but the pain. A warm liquid enters her throat, and she halts breathing, and stares up at a ceiling that has a curious stain in the one corner. She doesn't recall getting to this part of it already.