Chapter 12: Hermione

TW!! - Discussions of rape

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling

________________

She feels a hand interlocked with her own as she wakes up. It grounds her. She knows it's Theo's. Dolohov never held her hand.

She can smell Theo's now-familiar scent of tobacco and books all around her. She likes it. Not as much as the mint, but it still makes her feel safe.

Moving her head, she looks up at the still sleeping Theo. His mouth is wide open, and his eyes are puffy from all the crying he did last night.

He had cried with her.

She had noticed rather than humor, Theo didn't really show too many other emotions, even when she shared what had happened to her with him or when tensions were running high. After what he had been through for most of his life, she suspects that he was disturbingly used to abuse and scary situations. But last night, he cried with her. It had been one of the most healing experiences she had ever had.

He really should become a healer after this is all over. He was terrific at it in both the physical and emotional way needed.

She lifts her hand that is not intertwined with his own and bops him gently on the nose. His eyebrows pull together, and he takes in a deep breath as his eyes open. He looks confused for a moment, searching her face as if slowly remembering the chaos last night, and then he gives her a very Theo half-smile.

"I didn't think your hair could get any crazier; it seems like I was wrong."

She laughs and puts her head back down on the pillow they are sharing. She knows her hair is everywhere. It was always a lot to try to tame, but in the morning, it was impossible. "You don't look so good yourself there. Can't pull off that rolled out of bed look either, huh?"

She reaches up and tussles his massive wave of brown curls that formed together to crash against his whole forehead throughout the night.

"What are you talking about? I'm an Adonis in the mornings! You're more of a Medusa."

They both laugh, and Theo unlocks their hands and starts to stretch.

"So, Draught of Peace for thunderstorms?"

She nods her head at him. "Yeah."

"And not being alone?"

"Yeah."

"And will that save me from ever having to see your naked arse again?"

She reaches up and slaps him on the shoulder. "I have a great arse, don't pretend otherwise."

Theo arches his back off the ground in a stretch and lets out a groan. "Mine's better."

"Oh yeah," without thinking, she sits up, quickly pushes him onto his side, facing away from her, and reaches for the waistband of his pants. "Let me see!"

He lets out a surprised yelp and tries to fight her off, grabbing one of her hands and pulling her over his side.

"Evil witch!"