Chapter 39: Draco

Brace yourselves.

TW!! - This entire chapter is dark. Please proceed with caution. Disturbing discussions of rape, suicide, and depictions of gore.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J.K. Rowling
___________________________________

He places the protean charmed galleon into the pocket his S.P.E.W pin is latched onto, along with the vial, remembering at the last minute to grab his mask as well. He hates the damn thing. No matter how many charms he would place on it, the mask was always stuffy, and chaiffed against his temples and chin. They hardly ever wore them anymore thankfully, since winning at the Battle of Hogwarts, their identities no longer needed to be hidden very often. They were now more for show, more for fear, more to leave an impression.

"So what do you think is going on with the whole Flint situation?"

Draco looks up at his brother pulling on his robes and grabbing his own mask.

He was talking about what Blaise had shared with them the other night. As Flint's scouting unit had the best track record, Blaise heard that Dolohov was recruiting them for his own private needs. Apparently Flint had been bragging about the meeting that was set to take place soon that would explain their mission. Draco honestly didn't have the slightest clue why the monster needed a scouting unit at his service.

"No idea. I am sure Carrow Cock will show up at some point today. I will try to see if he knows anything."

Theo shakes his head in agreement. "Ronald will be here any minute. I am going to go down and meet him at the gate and bring him in. You ready?"

"Fuck no."

This was a literal nightmare. Every bloody aspect of it.

He had spent over two hours occluding, and had taken three potions to try to control himself, yet he still didn't feel ready to play the part he once again had to play.

He had been playing parts he didn't want to play for so long, he struggles sometimes to remember what he really believes, and what he doesn't. Who he really was. Who he wants to be.

"Here Teddy."

Red comes walking in, fitted in Ravenclaw robes. Just in case something went wrong, so she could impersonate a student and have a few extra moments to try and get to safety or contact them through the galleons. The fucker would be wearing matching ones.

She hands Theo the Dead One's invisibility cloak, and he throws it on before opening the door.

The ginger turns to him, and places her hands on her hips.

"She is almost ready. I already charmed her hair."

The pit in his stomach tightens as he nods his head, and walks down the hallway to their room.

I hate this.

I hate every fucking thing about this I...

He opens the door, and all of his thoughts disappear.

Draco stands there, hand on the knob frozen just looking at her.

Well... maybe not everything...

Granger turns towards him, and his eyes travel all over her.