Chapter 43: Draco

TW!! - Depictions of gore and torture.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J.K. Rowling
_________________________________

My fault.
My fault.
Always all my fucking fault.

He keeps hold of Granger, and starts walking towards the manor. He can't talk. He can't think clearly as his fury continues to consume him.

At Kingsley,

At the Weasel,

At Amycus,

At Granger,

But most importantly, at himself.

Because Theo is right, this was all his fault. None of this would be happening if it wasn't for him.

His body is still coming down from the fear it had been consumed by when he walked in to find the rooms empty of both Theo and Granger. Thinking the worst as he ran from room to room screaming their names, finding no one, seeing nothing of any worth taken except for them. Draco had ran out the door and back past the wards ready to apparate to Dolohov's red brick house, convincing himself that he had taken her. He had to have her.

"What are you talking about Theo?"

Don't you fucking dare Nott. Don't say another word in front of her.

He stops and turns around to glare at his brother, who is already staring back at him. Granger is next to him looking between the two.

"Draco, what did you do?"

"What I promised I would, unlike you."

He turns and keeps walking up to Theo's rooms.

He had thankfully paused before taking off to the sociopaths house, thinking of less horrible reasons Granger would leave the rooms, and in such a hurry that they hadn't let him know or left him a message.

The Weaselette came to his mind. Red had been in a state of shit for weeks. Maybe it had gotten worse.

He decided as his entire body shook, and his eyes began to water to go the safehouse first.

Thank fuck he did or he more than likely would have made an even bigger mess than he already has. 

Draco opens the doors to Theo's room and as soon as they are shut, he grabs Granger and pulls her into him again.

I need to touch you... You are safe.
You are safe.
I need to prove to myself you are safe.
Even though I am so fucking mad at you Granger.

He buries his face into her hair and breathes her in. He is both overwhelmingly relieved while also furious with her. For not thinking of what it would be like for him to come back to her gone. For not taking the moment it would have taken to leave him some information about what was going on. But most importantly, he is raging over the fact that she once a fucking gain volunteered her safety for the damn cause.

"I'm sorry Draco. I am so sorry. I should have left a note..."

Her words break the moment, and let his fury take over instead of his concern. He unleashes her from his arms. She thinks he is a mess just because of her leaving? He feels like he is losing his fucking mind because she had betrayed him in that meeting. Betrayed working with him to keep her safe.

"You lied to me Granger! You said we were a team, and you just fucking ambushed me. That is what you should be apologizing for."

Her worried face shifts into something different. More annoyed, or edged.