Chapter 32: Ron

TW!! - Depictions of alcohol abuse.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling.
__________________________________

The damn kneazle swats at him again, and almost backs into the large hole through the stairs Ron had fallen into weeks ago.

He jerks his hand back and rounds the thing, before trying to grab it from above.

The creature gets him this time with his claws, and Ron yelps and sticks his finger in his mouth to suck off the blood.

"Come on you fur ball from hell. Your mum is going to need you when she gets up yeah? So how about you stop trying to slaughter me, and let me put you in the damn box."

He reaches forward again. The beast averts his hands, and tries to nip him with it's razor sharp teeth that he swears are as big as the basilisk fang they used to kill horcruxes.

Fuck it. Stay here then. She isn't even awake yet so it doesn't bloody matter anyways.

"Still won't let you touch him?"

Ginny comes up next to him, and grabs the box on the floor they had planned to put him in.

"Of course not. The thing never did like me. Even though I am the reason you are still alive!" He yells down the stairs where the dementor possessed animal scurried off to.

Over the past 8 months he had fed it, watered it, and made sure it was still living, just in case he ever saw Hermione again. He hadn't bathed it though, because the fur ball wouldn't let him touch him. Ginny had been able to wash him once, but it had apparently been such a horrible experience, she said she would never help again.

Hermione and having a soft spot for nasty things.

Speaking of...

"Where's the ferret? I thought he would be buzzin to get back as soon as the meeting was over."

He doesn't try to hide the sarcastic drawl that his sister rolls her eyes at. They had just finished another two hour long meeting, the second one within the last 24 hours.

This time, Kingsley had asked them to travel to the safe house to meet and discuss operations with the other high ranking Order members, and to give them a chance to talk to Malfoy in person. He had reluctantly agreed.

"He is talking to Neville. You know about Luna. I believe Kingsley is letting him see the memory to help him... better understand. Have you watched any like they offered?"

Ron scoffs.

"Fuck no."

They were all being ridiculous. They acted like it mattered. Like it mattered he didn't want to kill Luna. Like it didn't matter all the things he had said, and done to Hermione in the past, because he had said two words to a couple people over and over again, and now it was all bloody forgotten? No way. He wasn't falling for it.

Malfoy was an expert manipulator, and all of them have seemed to also forget, a blimey Legilimens, and capable of occlumency. Ron had no desire to waste his time watching sorted and edited memories from that prick, or his little sidekick either.

"For Godric's sake Ron stop this! You are acting like a bloody idiot. They both are on our side. I know it is hard to wrap your head around, but you are the one making it so hard. Not them. You."

"You have told me everything haven't you? Or did you somehow leave out some detail over the past two days of your non-stop badgering on and on about the two of them?"

Ginny glares at him, and shoves him hard up against the banister that bends way too far to be safe.

"You know what, fuck you Ron! I have tried to help. I have tried to talk some sense into you, but apparently you have decided to stay in your own little world of denial. And just so you are aware, Hermione will not be willing to join you there. So unless you want to lose her entirely, I would start listening to the people around you."