Chapter 34: Theo

TW!! - Discussion of self harm

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J.K. Rowling.
__________________________________

If they are fucking in his kitchen he honestly wouldn't even be upset about it. He may even clap. That is how tired he is of seeing those two circle each other.

He wouldn't even care if they did it on the counter, as long as they did it a healthy and clean distance from the burnt chocolate. And make it a quick shag because he is needing that creamy delicious drink soon.

They have already been gone much longer than Theo knows is needed to make the drink, and from the way Ronald keeps glancing at the doorway, he isn't the only one noticing.

It looks like the bloke is about to storm out of the room at any second, and Theo has no desire to put Hermione through having Ron walk in on her and Draco shagging. That would be horrible for her stress levels for sure.

"So Ronald, Hermione has told me you are very good at chess."

Ron takes his gaze off of the door and looks in his direction, but his eyes travel right through him. Theo is used to that look. People gave him that look all the time. He was never the person someone was excited to see in a room, or the life of the party. He was the person who stood in the background and watched, or was talked to as a filler between the person someone really wanted to talk with.

"I was undefeated in our house."

Ron looks back down at the notes in front of him, and starts to correct some misspellings. It was obvious the man had worked alongside Hermione before, but it also was obvious they were on two different playing fields when it came to researching together; Ron struggled keeping up.

That wasn't a blow at the bloke. Most people would struggle keeping up with the evil witch. Even Theo found himself sometimes being lost with her fast working mind.

"Draco and I like to play as well. I have a set in the game room if you ever want to play?"

"No."

Theo rolls his eyes and shakes his head. He had been nice to the bloke ever since he came. He really tried to be, even when Ron was living up to the drunk description Hermione had given him. Because Theo feels bad for the man. He can see he isn't a bad guy, just really hurting. Unfortunately, he was choosing to throw all that hurt onto everyone around him instead of reaching out for help.

"Okay... I actually have something for the two of you to read, to help Hermione if you want."

He pulls the book he had picked up from Hermione and Draco's room this morning, and holds it out to Ron.

"Draco and I read this book when we first found Hermione, to try to help her better, and also to better understand what she is going through. Thought it might help you two as well."

The ginger looks from the book to him again before sneering and shaking his head.

"Hell no."

And why am I not surprised...

Ginevra grunts and takes the book out of his hands.

"You are such a prat Ron! You are so miserable because that is all you allow yourself to be until you get exactly what you want. Teddy is being very nice to you, the least you could do is..."

"I am not going to pretend to like him, Gin. I am not going to pretend I trust either of them."

Theo rolls his eyes as the man talks like he is not even in the room. Trust was never something that kept people from liking him. That is a new reason to add to the many he knew people used for staying away from him.