Chapter 59: Theo

The last chapter before epilogues. Ending it how we began, with Theo.

The epilogues of PIP are very much needed, and a lot is still to happen within them, but they will be different than the rest of PIP has been. This is the last full length POV chapter.

That being said, I want to thank you all for this journey you have joined me through. PIP started as a challenge placed on me for healing, and has turned into a community I never would have dreamed.

So thank you. Every single one of you who comments, reaches out, and leaves kudos or stars fill me with a validation I have never experienced before.

That being said, this chapter is once again long. Surprise, surprise. I hope you enjoy.

TW!! - Discussions of abuse, gore.

________________________________

He pulls out the box from his front pocket, only to find it empty.

"Come on..."

There is no way he smoked through a whole pack in the last few hours. No way. Gingersnap must have stolen a couple when he wasn't looking. Probably distracting him with her mouth while simultaneously stealing from him.

Because yes he was nervous, and overwhelmed, and every breath wasn't feeling like enough within his lungs, but a whole pack was excessive for him.

He digs into his left pocket as he struggles to keep up with the group.

Maybe I put some in this pocket before I basically died.
Can't seem to remember shit before all that, so maybe I did.
Please tell me I did...

His hand hits the bottom of his trouser pocket.

Empty.

"Shit."

"Here, Teddy."

A stick is placed in his line of sight. He knew the wicked witch stole some of them.

He grabs it quickly, and places it in between his lips as he lights it magically. Taking in the calming addiction.

He always smoked more when his nerves felt like they were at the surface of his skin. When his brain felt like it wanted to bounce right out of his own head. Like it is now.

"Thief. I knew that kiss earlier was longer for a reason." He says as he tries to steady the stick between his shaking lips.

Ginevra laughs, and adjusts his healing kit on her shoulder. Something she refuses to let him carry.

And she calls me the hoverer.

"You have been chain smoking all morning Theo, plus you have to put that out. Smoking isn't allowed in Ministry buildings." Hermione flips through the forms in her hands as they walk. Somehow having a conversation with him about his vices, double checking the many statements and contact information she and Minerva had been compiling since they helped her escape, and doing a better job at walking quickly with the rest of the people surrounding them than he is.

"Well unlike the lot of you, I am a bit worried about taking down one of the most powerful men in the wizarding world... again." He holds the stick out and exhales, but with the wind and their pace, it travels back and hits him in the face, making his eyes water.

"There is no need to worry Mr. Nott. With the information Ms. Granger and I have been gathering, along with support, memories, and Mr. Weasley speaking against his written testimony, Mr. Malfoy will be found not guilty. Now, come along. I believe my suspicions of Kingsley moving the trial earlier are correct."