Sirius Black- Welcome Home

I heard a creak outside my bedroom door mostly likely from the fifth step from the landing, soft but with my sharp ears, it echoes throughout me causing the formation of a lump in my throat. I reach for my dark wand underneath the pillow on the other side of the bed and think of a spell to use, maybe an Incendio, that seemed too much, maybe a simple stunning spell. The soft footfalls neared the door and I could see a shadow filter in through the door thanks to the full moon. My favourite lycanthrope pops into my mind for a split second and I am distracted long enough for the intruder to turn the doorknob. This got my attention, who would be so bold other than a death eater.

I silently sit up slightly moving my wand so that the pointy end is pointed to the door. The door glides inwards,

Repello, I will use a repello spell.

The figure moves themselves to cross the threshold of the bedroom.

'Repello!' I scream.

The figure is catapulted backwards and tumbles down the stairs. I scamper out of bed, run downstairs, and see the intruder sprawled on their stomachs on the living room floor. It is still for a moment and I spot the person wand on the far side of the room. I take a look at the possible death eater, taking note of their black mop of hair, reminding me of someone I loved.

The intruder begins to shuffle, and I cast a Levicorpus spell without thinking. The person is hoisted in the air upside down by an invisible force, conjuring a masculine scream from the person's throat. I take a breath and put on a brave face, even though I was positively shaking in my pyjama pants, and move around the figure to see his face.

As I walk into his view, he inhales sharply.

'Y/N, what the hell are you doing? I thought this was an ambush!' he screams at me.

I let out a string of swear words, relieved to see him.

'Fucking hell Sirius Orion Black, you son of a bitch! I thought you were a death eater! Bloody bastard!' I exclaim.

'You thought I was a death eater and you use a blooming Repello spell! Are you mad, woman! A death eater would have killed you before you even said the first syllable!' he screams angrily.

He was now getting red in his face, his hair tumbling towards the floor, a truly funny sight if it were not such a tense situation.

'Well, if you had knocked at the door like a normal human being I wouldn't have to! How are you even here?' I question.

'Why don't you let me down first?' he plainly states like this were a normal situation,' Then I'll explain fully.'

'Liberacorpus.' I mumbled underneath my breath.

Sirius drops to the floor and I kneel to help him up. I look into his beautiful brown eyes and smile.

'I missed you, you big oaf.' I say with a smile playing at my lips.

'I missed you too, four-eyes,' he says referring to my schooldays, a smile tugging at the end of his lips.

He pulls me in, and hugs me with such force, he practically breaks my ribs. His hug is warm and reminds me of the old days before he was wrongfully imprisoned.

'Merlin's beard Siri, you are squeezing the life out of me. And you stink.' I say truthfully.

He smelled like dirt and trash. He looked worse for wear all around. His face was dirty, smudges of God-knows-what, his hair was overgrown, but still weirdly curly, his beard was rough and thick. Sirius' clothes were tattered and torn, rips scattered the material, his ankles visible. His shirt was torn open revealing unfamiliar tattoos. His bones poked from underneath his skin. His collar bone protruding painfully from his body, his cheekbones were defined so much to the point that it made his cheeks look like a big indent.

His eyes stilled maintained their stubborn twinkle.

Sirius finally looked me up and down.

'You look beautiful as always Y/N.' he teases, eyeing at my clothing, I was wearing a lavender silk nightdress.

'Why, thank you. You look like awful.' I state.

'Why, thank you, just the thing I wanted to hear from my wife.' He says smiling widely, forcing a smile to erupt from my fake scowl, something thing only Sirius Black can do.

Sirius and I eloped on the day our friends were killed in their own homes. The couple responsible for bringing us together died, not knowing we had finally gotten married, that their efforts didn't go in vain. That even though we fought like a pair of dragons, we loved each other deep down.

The people who were going to be my maid of honour and Sirius' best man when this was over and we had a proper wedding. Who would be our child's godparents.

The only person who knows is Remus, a bittersweet moment for us. We never had a chance to tell anyone let alone have a wedding night.

He leans in and kisses me, a kiss filled with so many different emotions. He was moving quickly like he was needy, but yet a gentleness took over. We kiss until I become aware of the burning sensation in my lungs, signalling I need oxygen.

I was the first to pull back. I looked at him, noticing his fluster.

'I love you Y/N,' he says before pulling me into a hug again.

He burrows his nose in my hair as I wrap my arms around his skeleton of a torso, putting my ear to his chest, listening to the erratic rhythm of his heartbeat, making sure he was here.

'I love you too Sirius.'

'Welcome home.'