Some deaths in the Harry Potter books

This is defiantly not ranked according to the ones I think are the saddest because every reader felt differently about each character and in the end, they were all humans and it would b unfair to say which was the saddest death. But here we go.

1. Vincent Crabbe

Crabbe was Draco Malfoy's friend and I think even though some felt he was not all that intelligent and was after all Draco's lackey, he was still Draco's friend, and we all know that Draco doesn't have many to call friends so I feel really bad for him as well as for Goyle.

2.Merope Gaunt

This was Voldemort's mother. I kind of felt bad for him when I read this part of Harry Potter. She just wanted love. It was on Tom Riddle Snr that he couldn't love someone even though they may not look appealing to him.

3. Regulus Black.

He was a really underappreciated character. His family believed he died betraying the Death Eaters when in actual fact he was trying to do the right thing. He drowned in an attempt to destroy one of Voldemort's horcruxes. He was a silent hero. What really hit me was that he died without his brother, Sirius, knowing he was trying to do the right thing. He tried to do the right thing for his bother. Now its sad to know that both brothers are dead and they died not knowing how much they loved each other.

4.Colin Creevey

We all have our hobbies and it just so happened that Colin's happened to tick some people off, I know it made me want to slap him sometimes. He was so young, what I think stung the most was, like Lavender Brown, he stayed to fight in the last battle instead of going through the cupboard and into Hogsmead. That showed bravery.

5.Charity Burbage

Some of you might not remember this name but I think its important. She was a Muggles Studies professor who was seen in the last book. When Severus Snape enters the Death Eaters meeting, he found Charity floating over the table. The last words she said I think I will never forget: 'Severus, please! We're friends!' What if in some way they really were friends, what of she was kind to the professor? It has to make you think, not only did Voldermort kill the love of his life, but he also kills his friend. It just makes me want to cry, because I think we all know how lonely Severus was. She didn't deserve to die. I think, theoretically, her death might have pushed him over the edge and motivate him even more to betray Voldermort.

6.Lavender Brown

I think this really was unexpected, especially how she was killed- mauled to death my Fenrir Greyback, that just seems horrible. Her death was really overlooked amongst the casualties. We all kind of disliked her a bit considering she was getting in the way on Ron and Hermione, but I think she was a nice person. She, after all was dating Ron and she might have felt a little intimidated by Hermione, I mean who wouldn't. And the fact that she comes and sees Ron after he was injured proves she was a caring person, even if she did go all ae mad when she found Hermione there. Who wouldn't? Wouldn't you get a little mad if you see another person at your boyfriend/girlfriend's side when they are injured. She also deserves a little credit considering she also came back to fight in the final battle at Hogwarts.

7.Alastor Moody

He really was a brave guy; I mean he tried to protect Mundungus Fletcher even though he tried to flee the battle. Even though he was a bit wacky, the man was just trying to protect everyone.

8. Tonks

This one just hurts. She was still young; she just gave birth to her son and she has to die. I feel like her death was so unnecessary, but yet she still did. I also think that her death as well as Remus was well overlooked. Harry was like 'Oh look, there's Remus and Tonks on the ground, dead.' She deserved so much more. Especially considering she lost her father, Ted, and her husband. She was really positive which I liked about her character, and she was really funny. I loved the fact that she insisted that she marry Remus Lupin even though he was older than her, poorer and he was a werewolf. True love, I guess.