Bill Weasley- Sleeping Arrangements PART 1

I tossed and turned in the bed, the sound of the moaning springs filled the quiet room. It was still dark outside, I could barely see anything outside the window. It was a moonless night. I was placed in Bill's room by Mrs Weasley on the assumption he was too busy with work to come home tonight. I was slightly disappointed my best friend couldn't be here, but maybe it was my hormones talking.

We were in the same year at Hogwarts and became inseparable when he accidentally swung his trunk into my face, giving me a blue eye in the first year. We joined our houses Quidditch teams, disappointed that we were not put into the same houses. I slowly developed a crush on him towards the end of our Hogwarts days. As for Bill, he never did let on if he liked me.

However, after we graduated, Bill focussed all his attention on his job and I became an anima-zoologist, working closely with magical creatures. Our career paths didn't cross that often, but I did visit Mrs Weasley often, she was a mother figure to me. We lost contact for a bit but recently that changed.

I joined the Order a year ago, in an effort to help defeat You-Know-Who. Since then, I had more contact with the Weasley's, especially Bill. We regularly met at meetings and carried out missions together.

Tonight, there was an order meeting, and I had volunteered to gather information about a possible Death Eater hotspot. I was to go the following evening and observe and report as many details as I could. The Order would then discuss a further plan of action.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I had to try to get as close without being spotted and possibly killed. Every mission was nerve-racking, but I had a bad feeling about this one.

I turned on my back and looked at the ceiling. It was kind o weird to be sleeping on your crushes bed. Scandalous. Thrilling, though. I could get a masculine smell in the air, no doubt from his cologne. He had a fairly neat room, his closets didn't bulge, there was no strands of the Weasley signature red hair, no dust. He had a couple of books stacked on shelves and in the corner. Bill also had a few old Quidditch posters up, faded.

By now I was fully awake, sat up and looked straight ahead. Screw it, won't sleep anyway. I slipped on my slippers and a gown. In a family of seven males, I didn't particularly want to be seen in my shorts and strappy shirt. I opened the door, praying it wouldn't squeak. It didn't. I padded down the stairs as quietly as I could. At the base of the stairs, I wondered where exactly I was headed. Maybe I'll get some water? Yeah, that sounded good. I walked to the kitchen and headed for the sink.

'What are you doing here?'

I jumped and pulled out my wand. I faced the figure on the other side of the kitchen.

'Bill?' I asked, lowering my wand.

'The one and only.' He said with a chuckle.

'What are YOU doing here?' I asked.

'I finished work early and decided to come home, but as I make my way to my bedroom, I find a pretty girl in my room. Know anything about that?' he said with a smirk.

Wait, he called me pretty? I felt my cheeks become hot and my ears burn.

He was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and grey sweatpants. His hair was fluffy, no doubt from sleeping.

'I'm sorry, Mrs Weasley said you weren't coming home so she set me up in your room. Were you sleeping?'

'Yeah, decided not to wake you so I came and slept on the couch. Which begs the question; why were you sleeping in my room, not that I mind.' He said approaching me.

'Well, there was an Order meeting tonight and we finished really late. Your mum insisted I sleep here because there has been an increased number of Death Eater attacks in my neighbourhood. I'm sorry, why don't you go back to your room, and I'll sleep down here?' I said, feeling bad he was sleeping on the couch, after all, it was his room.