Remus Lupin: Heartbreak Hotel

Mark was a bartender, he'd been one for a long time, and in his lengthy career, he has never seen something quite like this, or rather,
a scene like this.

He stood behind the bar, a young lady on the other side, but what made it so unusual was what she was wearing. He had heard stories like this from his colleagues and the terrible cliche movies his wife watches.

The young lady in question, shuffled around the barstool, plopping herself on the round seat, the white tulle of her wedding dress overflowing, making her look as though she sat in a pool of icing.

She tore the rather large veil off her head, and tossed it in on the bar, followed by a clutch and what Mark guessed to be a wedding ring, but considering the lack of a groom and her red eyes, an engagement ring.

"What can I get you?" He asked.

"A tequila, on the rocks."

Curious

He placed a serviette down, followed by the drink in question.

He watched as you took a sip, your face scrunching up in disgust.

"Should've stuck with ice cream." She mumbled under her breath.

——————

Halfway through her second drink, a figure ambled through the door, shrouded in a patched cloak, fraying at the ends, his mousy brown hair in disarray.

"Fire-umm sorry. I'll have a whiskey."

He plopped himself down heavily like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.

Mark watched the young woman, whom he admittedly forgot was there, sneak a glimpse sideways.

A look of recognition flashed through her eyes.

Curiouser and curiouser.

"Remus?"

—————-

Remus squinted his eyes and low and behold his arch-nemesis.

"Oh fuck, I don't need this right now," he muttered under his breath.

"Remus Lupin just swore, wow, I AM drunk." The woman looked over bewildered.

"Red, lovely to see you as always. Now you must excuse me, I'll take my leave." He placed his glass down with a thud, the barstool scraping against the gritty floor as he stood up to leave.

"Where you goin' Fluffy? Scared I'll hex your sorry ass like back in the day." You mumbled.

"Excuse ME, Red," emphasizing your nickname, "But the last time I checked, I Bat Boogeyed you so hard you don't show up for class the next day," Remus said, pointing at you.

"Just like you mysteriously came down with a cold every day after a full moon, every month, for seven years. What, head too big it gave you a head cold. Or maybe it was something else, huh FLUFFY?" You spat back, blood boiling.

"Sit down." You said meekly, after taking a breath.

Remus plopped himself on a seat closer to you, the bartender graciously pouring him another drink before turning around to wipe a glass.

"So, what's got you down in The Dumps." The name of the bar was called The Dumps.

"Oh, haha I see what you did there," Remus replied sarcastically.

"Let me guess, that little boyfriend of yours finally left you, what was his name again, Seriously Stupid Black? Or was it the other one Jumping Potter? A lover's spat maybe? Don't tell me your career as an auror crashed and burned as fate intended?" Remus side-eyed you, a frown pulling at the end of his mouth.