Thirds Try a Charm Part 2

Draco's heart skipped a beat. He did not expect that.

Snapping out of his stunned state, Draco blinks, he runs his hand through his hair.

"Why don't we get something to eat?" He motioned in the direction of the kitchens.

Nodding, I lead the way.

It was weird to be doing this, like we were married again, sneaking off to the kitchens in the middle of the night. Pretending we were teenagers again, escaping our house dormitories to get a midnight snack.

Now everything had changed. Draco had changed.

I had changed.

———-

Peering around the kitchen, I spotted the ever-fascinating sight of the dishes, well... doing themselves.

Invisible hands scrubbed each dish, one after the other, soapy suds sinking into the clogged sink. A small smile made its way onto my face.

"Chocolate cake or chicken salad?" He called out.

"Never mind, didn't know why I asked. Chocolate cake it is." He decided.

I chuckled lowly as I purse my lips.

It's funny how after all these years, he still remembers.

Draco struts back to the table, one hand balancing a cake dome and the other his wand, which were levitating two plates with two golden dessert forks.

"Ah, you remembered. Forks, not spoons." I say out loud.

Draco chuckles a deep, throaty laugh, sending shivers down my spine.

He looks straight into my eyes, his grey ones are stormy, like the weather outside.

"I would never forget." He says lowly, a deep husk in his voice.

I lick my lips, goosebumps erupting on the surface of my skin.

He reluctantly breaks eye contact, lifting the dome on the cake stand, revealing a luscious dark brown cake, the smell of rich cocoa intruding my smell.

We sat in silence, one that was neither awkward nor natural, occasionally stealing glances at each other.

It took time for Draco to piece together the erratic glances, spying the dark bags underneath your eyes, the drooping of your usually lively eyes.

He audibly sighed.

"You look rather tired."

I shot him a glare.

"Just what every girl wants to hear," I say bitterly.

He had the utter nerve to tell a single mother that she looked tired.

"No no no, I didn't mean it like that, I just meant...well, have you been sleeping?"

"Since when do you care?" I spit, placing my fork down.

"Why don't you understand?" Draco asks.

"Understand what!" I exclaimed jumping out of my seat.

"After all this time, after all, we have been through...I-I still love you," Draco mumbled, looking down into his lap.

"W-what?" I whimpered.

"I love you!" he repeated softly, looking up at me with renewed vigour.

"I love you!" He exclaims, echoing off the stone walls.