Chapter 46

Hey guyyss!

Sorry for posting that one chapter and then dipping again D: I had annual training last month that took up a lot of time and I just haven't been in a good Rex and Rose mind set to write up my babies. HOWEVER I have been reading some other books lately that have inspired me to keep going sooo here you go :D 

This chappy has a little mwaa extra ;)

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 46

       The heat wrapped tightly around my body was comforting as my groggy eyes blinked open. The room was still dark, and the little red blinking numbers coming from the nightstand said it was only three in the morning. Ugh, why was I awake? I tried to turn around and go back to sleep, but that heavy heat encasing my body squeezed tighter until I couldn't move.

       My hand fell to the large arm wrapped around my waist, and I smiled—until my bladder decided to start screaming in protest. Great. I woke up because I had to pee, and now the struggle was figuring out how to get away from Rex's arms without him waking. Which was honestly pointless, that boy woke every time I moved an inch. Honestly, I was starting to wonder if he ever actually slept at all. Maybe that's why he needed all those naps.

       I tried to roll slowly from his arm, but there was also one wrapped under my body and it didn't let me get very far. Rex's low groan sounded like a dark growl coming from his chest, and he effortlessly pulled me beneath him. "Where ya' going, Roza?" His groggy voice grumbled in my ear as his chest, that was nearly twice the size of my own, crushed my body against his and the mattress, with that gorgeous face buried in my neck.

       I was suddenly thankful for the darkness in the room as an embarrassed heat flamed up my back and stained my cheeks. "I-I have to go to the bathroom." I admitted sheepishly, even though I couldn't stop my fingers from reaching around to trace his strong shoulders and play with the ends of his hair.

       For the first time that I could remember, he hadn't worn a shirt to bed, and it took my mind several tries to calm down enough to actually sleep. A close proximity, and shirtless, Rex Turner way very hard to relax around. Or touch. Yeah, very, very hard to not touch—much less go to sleep. I wasn't sure why he decided to sleep without one this time, but I had a feeling it was because I knew about the scar. He didn't feel like he had to hide it from me anymore, and that made a surge of happiness swell in my chest. Like he trusted me.

       He groaned again, and the dark sound seemed to vibrate throughout my entire being. "I don't want to let you go." His voice was still groggy from sleep, and the roughness did funny things to my insides.

       I didn't want him to let go either. Far, far, far from it actually, but my bladder felt like someone was tab dancing against it and it was too hard to ignore. "I'll be right back." I murmured softly and let my fingertips trace gently over the bare muscles of his shoulders. Holy moly, that boy had some serious cement built into him. It was like tracing a rock.

       "Promise?" Rex asked against the skin of my throat, his arms tightening as he did. I nodded as he rubbed his face against my neck before letting out a disgruntled sigh and rolled away. I would have said the cold air hitting my heated skin as he pulled away was nice, if I didn't instantly miss him wrapped around me.

       I hurried to the bathroom, closed the door and did my business. I washed my hands and, after a minute of consideration, brushed my teeth. Rex didn't need my morning breath breathing on him, though I didn't care at all if his did. Actually, he never really had morning breath, that I noticed at least. I picked up my brush, that I kept in the little drawer Rex had cleared out for me with all my other toiletry stuff, and ran it quickly through my tangled hair. He liked to play with the long tendrils and I didn't need the knots there to keep him from doing so.