Chapter 40

Hey guys! Thank you so much to sweetsuga_bb_artist on Instagram for these amazing aesthetics! The one above is obvi Rose, check out the ones she made for the boys at the end of the chapter! 

Long time, no see, I know! But thank you so much for hanging on and being patient with me! 

Please read the author's note at the bottom. Hopefully it was answer some questions!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 40

       Today was... not a good day.

       There wasn't any particular reason why. Luce have finally started to relax about the 'me spending the night with Rex' thing, and even the boy himself had been more than perfect. Sometimes—sometimes I just had bad days.

       I didn't want to think that it had anything to do with Thanksgiving Break, which was only three days away, but the thought of being away from Rex—even for a few days—weighed heavily on my mind. I lived an entire life time without him, without anyone besides Jax, I should be able to handle being away from the grumpy, perfect, dinosaur. But it had been the only thing I worried about ever since Rex told me he was leaving.

       It was Wednesday morning, and Rex and I hadn't spent the night together in the past three days. I promised Luce I would stay home for the week days if she would let up on the weekends, and I was really starting to regret that decision.

       I couldn't sleep without him. At first, I thought it was just because I was obsessed and missed him, but then the dreams started again. They stayed away when he was beside me—or under me—but with him gone they had free reign in my head. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, and the lack of rest I had the past few days, I couldn't shut my mind down enough to sleep the night before. When my alarm clock finally went off at six that morning, I was wide awake.

       And not okay.

       "Hey, Princess."

       I glanced over at Trey, that low timber of his voice warm and inviting as he smiled. "Hey, Trey." That smile slowly faded, and so did the spark in his bright green eyes.

       "You alright there, Rose?" He leaned heavily against the locker next to mine, his tree-trunk-like arms crossing over that massive man/boy chest as his eyes narrowed in that worried frown he usually only gave Rex.

       "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Though the lie was a little harder to get out than usual. There was just something about Trey that screamed to trust him with anything. That he would try to help you through it, no matter what. I almost believed that too.

       He shrugged the shoulder that wasn't pressed against the metal cabinet door, those green eyes scanning my features before flickering out towards the crowd of students swarming the hall. "You just have that look on your face."

       "What look?" I asked softly as I hid the bottle of my medicine behind a book and closed the locker.

       I still hadn't taken any since Luce refilled my prescription all that time ago, but that didn't mean the urge to take it went away. Sometimes, especially on days like this, all I wanted to do was take one, or two, crawl up under my covers, and pretend the world didn't exist.

       I quit the medicine cold turkey before, so I knew I could handle the headaches that came with it, but I didn't have something to replace it then like I did now. I didn't have Rex, and back when I first started taking it, I hated everything except for Jax. Things were different now. I was different.