Chapter 16

Hey guys, this chapter is a little longer than usual for technical reasons.

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 16

     Rex

       "Are you planning on lighting one up anytime soon, or are you just going to keep staring at it?" Brett sounded more amused than anything as we stood on the back porch of Trey's house, an almost unused pack of cigarettes clutched in my hand.

       I turned just enough to shoot him a glare, my fingers tightening around the pack. He raised a dark eyebrow at me. "Just asking, man. You've been glaring at them for the past five minutes." He barely hid a smirk before taking a drag at the one between his own lips.

       "Don't fucking worry about it." I snapped and palmed the lid of the pack open. Fuck it. I'm not going to stop smoking just because some girl doesn't like it. Fuck that. I ripped out a cigarette, placed it between my lips and raised the lighter to the end.

       But it's Rose.

       "You've got to be fucking kidding me." The flash of anger that rose in my chest as I slammed the cig back into the paper pack and thrust the lighter into my jacket pocket was hot and vicious.

       "So... you're not going to smoke with me?" The chuckle in the douche bag's voice only made that angry flash worse, and I flipped him off before shoving the pack into my other pocket.

       "Fuck off, you overgrown prick."

       "For being some freaky smart kid, you sure have a shitty vocabulary." Trey announced at the backdoor, his tone almost as amused as Brett's. "Try saying something besides 'fuck' every time you talk, Rex. People might not be so scared of you."

       I rolled my eyes before turning to face him, my hand clutching the small Bic lighter in my pocket like my life depended on it. It was barely enough to choke down the anger raging inside my chest. I needed to fucking hit something. I needed a fight. It's been a whole week and I was close to putting my fist through a wall-again.

       "I don't fucking want to."

       "Rose doesn't like it."

        My hand fisted around the lighter, red flaring across my vision. "I don't give one flying fuck."

       "Now that's your biggest lie today."

       I pushed off the porches railing, that angry bubble only growing in my chest. "You don't know shit, Trey."

       I shoved past him, my shoulder slamming him out of the way as I stormed into the house. I didn't need any one of the them reminding me just how much my actions the past week and a half revolved around that fucking girl. Even if they were right.

       Especially after today. Things had gotten too close. I was enjoying her company too much. She got a little sick and I was a fucking puppy trying to make everything better! And fuck it I let her hold my hand the other night too. That was bad-It was getting bad. I couldn't let her get that close. I couldn't.

       "I know you like the girl." Trey sighed behind me, that humorous tone from before gone as his too-huge-for-normal-teenager's body followed hot on my heels.

       "Big fucking whoop." I snarled as I ripped through the kitchen and headed straight for the front door. "All you fucks like her, otherwise she would have been long gone by now."