Chapter 2

Hey guys!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 2

       Tate and Luce were fighting again, or she was fighting, and he just stood by her car and nodded. I had no idea what made her mad this time, and I didn't really care to know. They never involved me in their arguments and I would always be grateful for that. I hated yelling.

       I sat on the large wrap around couch in the middle of the living room, my chin resting on my crossed arms as I watched her yell through the window. It was late, ten o'clock at night late, but that never stopped my sister. If she had something to say it didn't matter the time or place.

       They had been dating for nearly a year now, although I'm not quite sure how. As much as I loved my over-protective, over-bearing, older sister, she treated Tate as she treated the rest of the world—like they were complete dirt. Lord only knows why he put up with it. Dad says its love, I say its because he likes the abuse.

       I let my eyes wander from the arguing couple to the cute two-story house down the street. I knew who it belonged to, without a doubt. I've seen the four loading up in one of their vehicles more than once. Trey Maguire's home, the Big Four headquarters—even though I'm the only one that called it that.

       It was nearly pitch-black outside, but I could see the two sleek black cars parked on the street in front of the house. All four of them were over there, right now. I watched shadows pass over the light from one of the upstairs windows, thinking about whether it belonged to Rex and what they were doing up there.

       Then heat flamed up neck and I suddenly felt like a stalking creepier. I pulled away from the window and turned my eyes on the living room's flat screen. Tate and I had been watching some cheesy comedy with Adam Sandler when Luce came home and demanded he 'talk' to her outside.

       I blew a raspberry aimlessly into the air before reaching for the TV remote. It was getting late, and I was sure Luce wouldn't stop yelling for another hour or so. I turned the movie off and rose to my feet with a long stretch, a sleepy yawn pulling from my lips.

       I tossed the empty pizza box—tonight's dinner—into the kitchen trash before making sure the back door was locked and heading up the stairs. To sleep or not to sleep? What awaited me tonight? I let out a small sigh as I slipped into my pajamas, tossed my dirty clothes into the hamper and climbed into my oh-so-comfy bed.

       I stared up at my ceiling for what felt like an hour, my body begging me to close my eyes and sleep. I let out another tired yawn as those familiar dark memories started tossing like a ping pong ball back and forth through my mind. Looks like 'not to sleep' was winning tonight.

-&-

       The minute I saw that bright blond head of hair enter the hall, I turned on my heel and nearly ran in the opposite direction. I could not deal with that- that... jerk again. Hiding in janitor's closets and ducking down opposite hallways isn't going to work forever, especially with how persistent he was.

       "Taking a different route today, Rosalyn?"

       My feet stopped in their tracks, my shoes cementing to the floor. So much for avoiding him. He must have seen me turned and cut off my retreat from the adjacent hall. I tried to hide the unpleasant groan desperately trying to pull from my lips.