Chapter 33

Hey guys! So I know everyone was waiting for a quarantine update! 

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner. I don't know why but my motivation has just been completely down the drain. Please feel free to tell me what you guys think of this chapter. I feel like I didn't make it as detailed as it could be.

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 33

       "Hey Rose..." A quiet, and rather shy voice called softly from beside me as I put my morning binders into my locker. I had to hold them awkwardly against my chest with my sprained hand to put them away with my good one. It was a struggle, let me tell you.

       I awkwardly glanced over at the guy standing a few feet away, a small smile pulling at his lips. My stomach flipped and it took all I hand in me not to drop my binders and make a run for it.

       "What do you want?" I tried to keep my voice steady even though my grip shook as I clutched onto the metal locker door. Andy Garson's—one of Jason's 'friends' that Rex had beat up—smile slowly fell away and his brown eyes flickered awkwardly down to the floor.

       "I'm not here to hurt you or anything. I actually wanted to apologize... for that day." His eyes flickered back up to mine, and the look on his face was apologetic—but that didn't mean I was going to let my guard down.

       "Uh, um, yeah, okay. Thanks." I closed my locker quickly and turned on my heels to make a speedy get away. I didn't want to be around him, or anyone from that little group.

       "Hey wait!" Andy called after me though I really, really didn't want to 'wait', but I was just too darn polite to ignore him. There were other people still lingering in the hallway, so it wasn't like we were the only ones there.

       I clutched my sprained wrist protectively to my chest as my good hand wrapped tightly around my lunch bag. Rex would get worried if I didn't hurry. He had already been on high alert after the whole Halloween fiasco, and adding my little fall down the stairs onto the list had made him worry wart central.

       I was actually surprised he wasn't waiting for me outside fourth period, until he texted me on my way to my locker saying he was running a little behind and would meet up in the lunchroom.

       Rex was so not going to be happy.

       I turned to face Andy but kept a safe distance. I was more than thankful he didn't try to close the space either. "Look, I really am sorry. What happened that day—it wasn't me. Call it group mentality or whatever but, like... I just really am sorry."

       There was no doubting the sincerity in his voice, and while I tried not to hold grudges against anyone, I didn't want to be friends with the guy either. "Um, well, yeah, thanks for apologizing..." I muttered nearly down to the floor my hurt wrist still pressed against my chest.

       I didn't really matter in the end. No number of apologies could stop the nightmares.

       Andy's small smile returned, and he started to take a step forward, before he did a complete attitude shift. It didn't take long to figure out why. "Uh, hey, dude..." He stammered uncertainly, his face completely draining of color as his now wide-eyed gaze flickered behind me.

       I didn't bother turning around. I knew who was there. There was only one person that caused that look of terror to cross people's face. "Here for another beating, Garson?" That dark voice practically growled beside us as a stone hard arm curled around my waist and pulled me into the safety of his side.