Chapter 18

Hey everyone!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Just a quick reminder to check the warnings I have in the story info and the preface of the book

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 18

       "Do you think he's still going to come?" I asked softly as the boys all piled into Trey's SUV. Those green eyes stared down at me as he raised a light eyebrow, his large arm propping his buff body up against the side of the vehicle.

       "If he thinks you're still coming, yeah, he'll show up."

       I tilted my head curiously at that and blinked up at his bright gaze. "I'm not so sure about that. He told me he wanted to be alone, and didn't want me following him..." I only grew more confused when Trey rolled his eyes and pushed away from the car.

       "You're adorable, and utterly oblivious. Hop in, Princess. It's pumpkin time."

       I didn't have time to register his words before those large hands were wrapping around my waist and practically throwing me into the large car beside Brett. I made an odd 'eep' like sound, but Denton was turning to beam over at us from the passenger seat and no one paid attention.

       "I wanted to sit next to you, but these jerks wouldn't let me!" The barley-younger twin exclaimed dramatically before sticking his tongue out at his brother. Brett rolled his eyes.

       "Rex's already gunning for your head. You really don't want to add onto that." His twin scoffed even though those blue eyes were practically blazing in amusement. He thought this whole situation was funny.

       Denton made a noise that sounded a lot like 'humph', before turning around in his seat and crossing his athletic arms over his strong chest. "Yeah, well, that ass isn't here, and I can say whatever I want-"

       "Want to finish that?"

       My head snapped to the side, and my eyes widened in surprise as Rex stood just outside the open door, his dark gaze briefly glancing at me before turning to glare at Denton-who quickly buckled his seat-belt and cowered down against the leather.

       "Alright, let's get going!" Trey clapped his hand on Rex's shoulder before giving me a quick smile and walking towards the driver's side of the SUV. I tried not to fidget as I slid over to the middle seat so Rex could climb into the car.

       Did I ask if he was okay? Did I say 'hi'? Was he still mad? The fact that that was the only reason there was panic in my chest despite everything else that happened the past couple of days, worried me.

       The tension filling the entire car was pretty awkward as Trey pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the main street. It didn't ease until he turned the radio on and one of Taylor Swift's new songs blasted from the stereo. My eyes widened as both he and Denton started singing loudly along word by word. I couldn't keep from laughing at their horrible duet. I loved it.

       I dared a glance over at Rex and only ended up freezing like a deer in headlights when my gaze locked on his. He raised a dark eyebrow, that small smirk slowly pulling at his lips. "Hi." He spoke softly, his voice not rising above the blaring tones coming from the front seat.

       My cheeks instantly burned with that traitorous blush and I dropped my eyes from his as my thumbs twirled together nervously. "Hi." I murmured back and resisted the urge to reach up and tug on the end of my hair. It was getting awfully warm in here-and I was all too aware of Rex's beautiful eyes on me.