Chapter 35

Hey guys! This is going to be the last update for a few days until I get the juices flowing again, but I couldn't leave you guys hanging for too long!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

P.s. guys, just bare with Rose a little bit. We all know she is a little dense and parts of this chapter might really irritate you in regards to her, but just let her do her thing. It's how she is, anxiety overloaded. That is all, enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 35

       I watched Rex carefully as he ate the sandwich he made for himself. I had changed into a pair of pajama pants and a large t-shirt he had given me and was sitting on one of his kitchen table chairs. My knees were pulled up to my chest with my arms wrapped tightly around them.

       "Seriously, Rose. I'm fine. Stop worrying." He grumbled around a mouth full of sandwich, though that did nothing to ease my nerves. He was quite literally locked up for six hours.

       "I'll take a shower and be good as new." His tone was light, even teasing somewhat which was such a stark difference from how he had been in the car. I think he did it to lighten the mood, but I could never be sure with him.

       We came inside shortly after he made that weird cryptic comment, and even though he had leaned forward and kissed the tip of my nose before letting me go, it wasn't my lips. It still made heat pulse throughout my entire body.

       His words had only made me more confused than ever, but I was suddenly too exhausted to nag him about it. And he was tired from his day. I had almost forgotten what he went through too, how selfish was that?

        My cheek was resting against the top of my knees and I was staring absently at Rex's fridge as he finished off his food and stood to his feet. I blinked up at him as he stepped into my field of vision, his hand outstretched for mine with a small smile pulling at those gorgeous lips.

       "Bedtime, Roza."

       Yeah, okay, bedtime.

       I slipped my fingers through his and let him pull me to my feet before leading me into his bedroom. I was in Rex Turner's bedroom. That was something I was never going to be able to get used to.

       "Will you tell me what happened tomorrow?" I asked on a tired yawn as I climbed into his comfy bed. Though I spent more time sleeping on him than bed's lately. I glanced over at his alarm clock only to blink in shock as the little green numbers flickered eight o'clock.

       Wow, it was early.

       "Of course." He spoke casually as he walked over to his dresser and grabbed a clean pair of basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

       I rolled my eyes at the way he said 'of course', almost like it would be ridiculous that I even had to ask. Because, you know, he's always been so forthcoming with information before.

       "I'll be out in a couple of minutes." He called over his shoulder before slipping into his bathroom and shooting a smile over his shoulder.

       Smiley Rex was also something I would never be able to get used to either. Sure, he was always good looking, no matter what, but he put a whole new definition to the word 'perfect' when he smiled.