Chapter 22

Hey guys! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 22

       "Rex..."

       "No."

       "Come on, man! It's not like anything's going to happen with us there!

       "I said no."

       "But what if she wants to go!"

       My steps faltered just before the turn in the hall that would lead me straight to the bickering Four on the other side. Denton's exasperated voice practically chimed down the emptying hall as my hands clutched tighter around the binders clutched to my chest.

       Were they... talking about me?

       I knew I shouldn't have been eavesdropping, but also knew their conversation would stop the minute they saw me. Maybe they weren't talking about me anyways. It could have been anyone that hung out with them that I just didn't know about or-

       "Rose is not fucking going."

       Whelp, there goes that hope.

       "If you make me say it one more fucking time Denton, I swear to God I will throw you out that window."

       I leaned slowly against the lockers behind me, the corner literally at my side with the four boys on the other, and I couldn't bring myself to walk around it. Rex didn't want me going somewhere with them, and I tried not to let that hurt.

       "God you're so violent all the time!" Denton whined back, and I could practically see his pout in my head. "You need to take a Prozac or something you-!"

       "Maybe we should talk about this later, guys. Rose is supposed to meet us here soon." Trey interrupted the almost-tantrum Denton was about to throw, and I quickly jumped away from the corner like they just caught me listening into the conversation.

       My heart pounded heavily in my chest, and I wasn't exactly sure why. It had been me they were talking about. But—I didn't expect them to take me everywhere with them. They were all friends long before I even knew them. It was okay if they wanted to spend time without me. If Rex wanted to.

       At least, that's what I told the small pang in my chest.

       "I just wanted Rose to go with us tonight! Rex doesn't have to be such a complete dick-" Denton practically shouted anyway, completely ignoring Trey, but I was already turning back down the way I came.

       I should never have eavesdropped on them, and I shouldn't have let whatever they were talking about bother me. It was perfectly fine for Rex to want to do stuff with his friends. It was more than fine. But I really hated how the littlest things with that boy affected me.

       I couldn't face them though. I would be too embarrassed because of the whole 'listening in to their convo' thingy, and my face would give it all away. So, I took out my cell phone and texted a quick message to Trey saying I forgot something at my locker and would just see them at the parking lot after school, before hurrying down the hall.

       I'm not sure if avoiding them was cowardly or not, but I hadn't taken my medicine in days and I didn't want to risk any chance of freaking out in front of Rex. He's already seen enough, I really didn't want him to see anything else.