Chapter 34

Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying happy and healthy! Also, most of the questions you guys post of my newsfeed or PM me can be found in my authors notes or posts on my feed so be sure to read them!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 34

     Rex

       "Thank you..." I grit my teeth and tried to at least seem thankful. I might not like the fucker, and he sure as hell didn't like me, but he did bail me out when I needed to be.

       Sheriff Maguire grunted and gave me that dead, cop stare he always did whenever we were in the same room together. He didn't like that Trey and I were friends. He figured I was a 'bad influence'. He can suck a fucking left one for all I cared.

       "Don't thank me. I didn't do anything. I'm just here to take your sorry ass to your car."

       My eyes snapped to his, a sick knot forming in my stomach. He was a large guy, Trey had to get it from fucking somewhere, and I was smart enough not to bad mouth him.

       "Then who got me out?"

       That fucking moron of a punk I pummeled at the party had a pretty influential family—one that didn't know the layout of Jasper or how things fucking worked. His daddio got pissed that his poor, precious, rapist of a twit son had a few broken bones and got the big bad police involved.

       I was planning on being locked up for a while, a month at least, not for a few hours. Which would have been fucking hell. Trey couldn't be there for Rose all the time while I was gone—not that I wanted him to—and I would have been out of fucking mind worrying. I knew better than to look a gift horse in the mouth, but there was no way that douche would have dropped the charges. The man was blindingly pissed.

       "Rune Evans." Trey's dad watched my face like a hawk as the name passed his lips, that hard gaze searching for something I had no fucking idea about.

       "Rune Evans... The Rune Evans?"

       "It would appear so." Maguire gruffed as he slapped a file down on the receptionist counter-top between us. We were still at the police station, the receptionist eyeing out entire talk. I fucking hated nosy ass people watchers. Mind your own damn business.

       "As far as the station is concerned, the Duncan's had a change of heart and dropped the chargers." His eyes dropped down to the file as he let out a haggard sigh. "However, my sources tell me Mr. Evans 'donated' a nice amount of money to the family rather suddenly." He slid the open file over, pointing at a part of a document where it claimed all charges have been withdrawn.

       "Care to tell me why?" The sheriff asked casually, like it was completely normal for Rune Evans to be coughing up money for some good-for-nothing kid.

       "I wish I could." And I actually meant that. I had no fucking idea how the hell Rune Evans knew who I was—or cared that I was arrested. But I knew one thing for sure, everything came at a fucking price. My father taught me that.

       "Look kid," And I knew he was about to get all 'fatherly' on me when he let out that long, drawn out sigh that Trey just fucking loves to give me too. "I don't know what you got yourself into, but the big guys are looking at you now. Try to stay out of trouble."