Chapter 39

Hey guys! Please pay attention to this quick note, it might answer a lot of your questions! 

     I think what I'm going to do is make stories on Instagram where I answer all of your common questions (i.e., how often do you update, do you have a schedule, are you going to continue DS, etc), and save them as highlights so you guys can always go look. Please, feel free to look at my Newsfeed and Instagram frequently for answers to your questions. I would like to start this tomorrow (April 19, 2020) so stay tuned! I might even go Live for a bit!

     I know, from guilty experience myself, that not a lot of people read author's notes. However, since I am going to put the effort in (as I stated above) to answer everyone's common questions that they can always refer back to, I will no longer be answering them in my PM, comments, or Newsfeed. I would like to save that energy for new questions/concerns. 

Thank you for those that took the time to read the note! Now for the good stuff!

Sorry for any grammar, and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 39

       "What the hell?!" Someone snapped and slammed their slim, manicured hand against the locker next to mine.

       I jumped and turned wide, bewildered eyes on the pretty blonde cheerleader. "What?" I asked incredulously as I put my morning binders away. Déjà vu hit like a sucker punch to the stomach as those blue eyes glared icy daggers into mine.

       "Um, pretty sure you told me you and Rex weren't a thing, but I saw you two at the Halloween party and literally everyone in the entire school is talking about you." Jeslyn's voice seemed to rise with each angry word and I felt a heavy weight fall on my shoulders.

       "Right, about that. I'm really sorry. We weren't a thing when you asked and it kind of just happened recently."

       "You didn't have to fucking lie. I would have understood if you just said something straight up. Even if I don't see how you and he would ever work, but that's not my business." She flicked her long, straight hair over her shoulder with those blue eyes blazing furiously.

       "I wasn't lying." I said softly as I zipped up my backpack and closed my locker. "It really did just happen this weekend."

       "Whatever, Lily." Jeslyn snapped and turned on her heels, her blonde hair swaying drastically at the dramatic movement. "You just ruined yourself in my book."

       My brow furrowed uncertainly as she stormed off. I didn't want to make anyone hate me, especially now when everything was finally starting to go so well. I knew she was going to be upset if we ever talked again. Then again, I never had the best of luck when it came to being friends with girls—or friends with anyone for that matter.

       I really wish Rex was there.

-&-

       "What do you mean you don't know where he is?" I grumbled and stared grumpily at the picnic bench that my arms and head were resting against.

       "He had something to do today." Trey shrugged his strong shoulders as his bright green eyes glanced around the open grassy area.

       "All day? Why didn't he tell me?" I haven't heard a word from Rex since that morning when he called to say he was going to be late and Trey would take me to school. I didn't realize that 'late' meant he wasn't going to be there at all.