Chapter 6

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 6

       I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate this place.

       A new day. A new day. A new day.

       It didn't matter how many times I repeated the upbeat mantra in my head, it always faded back into I hate this place—and it had everything to do with the blond jock glaring daggers at me during second period.

       Wherever he had disappeared to the week before must have fixed that horribly broken nose, and he was now as perfect as ever. Only a bruise on the bridge of the bone hinted at the break.

       I tried to ignore him, I always had before, but this time was different. This wasn't that dark humored gaze, or hungry glare I was used to. The way he looked at me now was full of hateful vengeance, and I no longer had the Big Four to protect me.

       I sank down lower in my seat.

       I would just stick to the crowds today, eat lunch in the hallway, not wander off into empty halls. It would all be okay, and last resort I could just call Tate and have him pick me up early.

       I tried to stay with the crowd of student's as much as possible on the way to third period, and was successfully able to squeeze into the classroom without any unfortunate run-ins. But then my eyes glanced up and locked on a whole new mental problem.

       Rex was sitting in his usual spot at the back of class, except instead of staring out the window as he usually did, those dark chestnut eyes were completely locked on me—in a glare so icy I could feel it freeze the blood in my veins.

       What did I do now?

       I broke eye contact almost immediately and dropped quickly into my usual desk, my heart racing as I dug binders out of my backpack. I had to forget about him, forget about that look in his eyes. It would only hurt more and destroy what little attention I had for this class in the first place.

       I could practically feel his eyes on me throughout the entire period, and it took all I had not to squirm constantly and glance back at him. When the bell finally rang I grabbed all my stuff and practically ran from the room as fast as I could, completely forgetting about the Jason issue.

       I hate this place.

       "Princess!"

       Oh no, I couldn't deal with this today. I only took one pill. I shook my head and picked up my pace. We weren't friends, Rex made sure of that, and I didn't want to do anything to risk that boy's wrath—no matter how much I desperately wanted to hide behind the safety of Trey and the Dimajios. When they were around, Jason wasn't.

       "I know you heard me, Rose!" Trey's voice grew louder as people started filing into the hallway, but I still didn't acknowledge him and turned quickly down the nearest corner to disappear into the girl's bathroom. I locked myself into a stall and braced my back against the cold metal.

       I couldn't do this today, I couldn't. I only took one dosage, and too many things were happening. Too much stuff tearing at my mind and nerves, too much... I let out a long, shaky breath but refused to grab my phone and call Tate. I just needed a minute.