Broken Promise

Tae POV
Weeks have passed since Rose talked to me. I don't know why this affects me so much but it does. It 10pm and I was lying down. I sighed and thought back to that day.

Flashback

Kookie and I climbed into the bus. Since the day we confessed he has been kinda awkward. But I didn't have time to worry about that since Rose hadn't come to school for 3 days. Also a bit of awkwardness after what happened was kinda expected.

Everyone in our group was starting to worry. It was unlike her to just disappear. Jisoo had gone to check on her and had found her house locked.

Jungkook could tell how much this was affecting me. He had a worried look in his eyes when he looked at me. At least I think it's worry.

After all everyone knew how close Rose and I were. No one wanted to accept the immediate implication of her house being locked. Especially what it would mean if she actually had moved away without telling any one of us.

I was lost in my thought as the bus pulled over at her stop. I waited with a small hope that she would climb in although deep down I knew she wouldn't.

The bus driver got ready to move again as I gave up and turned away to listen to music when I heard footsteps climbing into the bus.

I immediately looked up to see Rose climbing into the bus. Jungkook and I exchanged looks.

"Rose! You are finally here! What happened to you?" Jisoo asked before I could say anything.

Rose quietly sat down beside Jisoo.

"I'll explain later." She said taking out her headphones and listening to music.

What's going on? She didn't even say hello to the rest of us.

The rest of the bus ride I was in shock. 5 days after 0 contact Rose shows up out of nowhere and acts like she doesn't know any of us except Jisoo?

Once the bus reached school I ran up to her.

"Rose what the fuck is going on? You show up out of nowhere after 5 days. We were worried about you!"

"Nothing. I had to go out of station with my family because my father had some business." She said looking down.

"Why wouldn't you answer texts or calls? You could've told us! I was so worried!"

"Yeah my phone stopped working. I got it repaired just today morning." She said with no signs of guilt.

"Hey are you okay? I noticed you were off even before all this. If there is anything, you know you can talk to me right?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just bad mood swings probably."

"You are acting weird. Like..like a stranger. What's gotten into you?"

"I'm just tired. I'll talk about it some other time." She said walking away.

I stood there not knowing what to think. We are best friends aren't we?

Flashback ends

I sighed as tears slipped out of my eyes. It has been weeks since that day and I still have no clue what I had done for her to avoid me. She wouldn't start conversation with anyone in our friends group. Occasionally talking to Jisoo when  she needed to.

When anyone would ask her why she was being so silent she would just reply saying she was tired or she didn't wanna talk about it.

I turned over and shut my eyes. She will come around eventually I reassured myself and let sleep overwhelm me.

The next morning was the same. Rose didn't talk to us in bus or class until something actually happened.

During lunch Rose didn't show up at our table. We all were confused and at this point quite concerned. That was until we spotted her sitting with Dahyun and Chaeyong smiling and talking.

I looked at her in shock and anger. If she wanted to sit with them she could've told us. I was done with her behaving like a stranger while I listen to fukashigi no carte at night while crying myself to sleep trying to figure out what I did wrong as a friend.

Every time I asked her what I did she'd say that I didn't do anything and that she was just in a bad mood.

Jimin was pissed. He got up and marched to Rose.

"We have to talk. Alone. Right now." He said glaring at Rose. Jimin may be a goofball but he wouldn't let anyone walk over him.

She nodded curtly and got up and followed him to a corner. I couldn't hear what they were saying but Jimin seemed to get visibly angrier while Rose just looked away with an unreadable poker face.

He walked back and sat down seething with anger. The table was tense.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked.

"You don't wanna know." Jimin said aggressively stabbing his food with the fork.

Before I could protest the bell rang as everyone got up from the tense atmosphere and went to class.

The whole day the only thing I could think about was what I could've done wrong or what could she possibly be going through that she couldn't share with us but had no problem laughing and joking with someone else.

After school Jungkook called me over to his house. When I went up I saw Jimin waiting for me there with a grim expression.

"Tell him what she said Chim." Kook said looking sad.

"Yeah I've been meaning to ask. What did you two talk?" I asked hoping she at least told Jimin the reason.

Jimin sighed looking down.

"I didn't want to talk about this but Jungkook is right. You deserve to know."

Flashback

"What the fuck is going on with you? Why are you behaving like we are strangers? I know you may have personal problems but doesn't mean you ignore our existence and just get new best friends without an explanation."

"They aren't my best friends."

"Well we are supposed to be. Unless you forgot what we promised each other about being there for each other."

"... "

"Don't you stay silent. Taehyung is beating himself up over this. I know for a fact he didn't do anything but he thinks he screwed up and that's why you aren't talking to him. Truth is you are screwing up and you won't even tell us why or let us help you."

"We've known each other for what? Barely six months? I don't understand why he is so attached to me? It's weird."

"Oh wow. Did you just...you are breaking your promise and you don't wanna be helped. Just great. Have fun with whoever you want. There is a limit to what someone can do to help."

Flashback ends

"You are kidding. She would never say that. She will eventually come around and tell me what's the problem and we'll solve it. Come on we are best friends right? Right?... "

"Tae.. " Jungkook trailed off.

"What don't look at me like that. You seriously believe what she said. This is clearly a misunderstanding."

"It's not a misunderstanding Tae. She told us very clearly." Jimin said.

"Tae are you okay?" Kook asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm fine. I think I'll go home." I said turning away and walking towards the door.

"It's not a big deal. Just a broken promise... No seriously... I expect too much don't I? I'm weird.. It's been barely six months. I'm okay. I'm okay. "

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. It was Jungkook.

I suppose I'mma start updating again. Every few days or so.