The prom outfit

Taehyung POV

I am finally dropping Jungkook off at his house today after he got his plaster removed. He was practically fully healed and just needed to take it easy for a little while. I pulled into his driveway and turned to him to say bye.

"So I guess I'll see you day after?" Everyone was excited about the wedding. Some more than others but I'd be lying if I said it didn't fill my inner high school self with glee.

"Yeah! Do you wanna come in for a while? It's still pretty early."

"Actually yes I could use a drink of water."

"Sure." I followed him into his house. It's hard to imagine how just months ago things were so different.

"I'll be back in a minute." He said leaving presumably to get water. I sat down and looked around and noticed the photoframes that I was too hammered to notice the last time I was here. Okay Taehyung don't open that door now.

I suddenly got the urge to use the washroom and got up to find it. I walked towards the direction of where I thought it might be and opened a door.

"Woah."

I had walked into some kind of store room and there were boxes filled with action figures, bobble heads and funko pops of anime characters.

"I see you discovered my unpacked things." Jungkook said walking in.

"Damn you are an even bigger dork than I am!"

"Ah well. I collected those over several years. It's basically all I bought with any money I had to spare."

"This is really cool!"

"I agree. I mean I had a bit of an anime obsession phase which led to this. Although at first I only watched them cuz you were obsessed with them in school and I liked yo-"

I smiled cockily at him.

"Well I guess you have me to thank for this collection then." I said breaking the tension.

"Sure Taehyung."

Namjoon POV

I lay in bed unable to sleep due to sheer excitement. I'm getting married tomorrow. Somehow Jin and I managed to plan a whole wedding in a month and a half. I suppose if you keep the guest list super intimate there aren't many things that could go wrong. At least I hope. I just have to stay away from the cake and anything breakable that's important. Luckily since there is no wedding dress involved there is less scope for wardrobe malfunctions.

I close my eyes and try to force myself to fall asleep. I won't be able to get through tomorrow if I didn't get enough sleep today. Jin was being surprisingly calm about this. He usually spazzes out last minute after over planning everything. I turned to look at him. He was sound asleep. I smiled remembering how we were going to be married tomorrow. Whatever else happens I suppose it doesn't matter.

Jimin POV

My super obvious hints to Taehyung to ask Jungkook to be his date to the wedding were either not understood or ignored. But I am not gonna lose hope. Plenty can still happen at a wedding. Jungyeon says I'm a lunatic for meddling this much. But I told her that all geniuses are. And that's what I am. A genius doing God's work. Jungyeon also says getting my two friends to hook up at my teacher's wedding isn't God's work. Joke's on her because she isn't religious and doesn't know anything about God.

(You literally aren't religious either. The smut you read is the unholiest shit)

Nobody cares about your opinion. You couldn't even finish this book. You were 15 when you started writing it. What kind of a loser writes wattpad books in college?

(YOU ARE A GROWNASS ADULT WHO DOES THE SAME SHIT)

YEAH WELL I CAN BREAK THE FOURTH WALL SO I AM IN FACT A GENIUS SO SUCK ON IT AUTHOR. BESIDES YOU HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON ME SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MAD ABOUT YOU SIMP.

(That's low.)

Whatever. So as I was saying my master plan is to play some of Taehyung's favorite love songs. There's nothing that gets two people hornier than dancing to a slow romantic song.

(I think that's just you. But what ever. I'm on board with it)

That's a first.

Jungkook POV

After searching for a good 45 minutes I managed to find my prom outfit which miraculously fit me still. It was a little loose back then I suppose. As I put it on all the memories from prom came rushing back. I had grown quite a bit since then.

For one I had healed considerably from what happened when I was 11 which I thought I could never get over and I was also no longer in denial about my feelings. My parents know now and although my father is a little awkward about it and avoids the topic like the plague, my mother is supportive now and they both say that it doesn't matter as long as I'm happy which is considerable development from thinking that it's a mental illness. I suppose this is my second chance to do what I wanted to that day.

Just as I finished getting ready my phone buzzed. Jimin and Jungyeon were here to pick me up. Jimin for some reason insisted on giving me a ride and I didn't refuse because well carpooling is good for the environment.. ¿

"Hey guys! Damn you both look sharp."

"Oh my god is that your prom outfit?"

"Yupp. Haven't worn it in years. How do you remember?"

"We shopped together and I never forget an outfit if I was involved in choosing it."

"Well you forgot me in the supermarket." Jungyeon piped in.

"Okay that happened twice! And in my defense one of those times V called me."

"And the other time you left in a hurry because you wanted to go home to.. Wait for it.. Read wattpad cuz there was an update."

"Okay people really need to stop dogging on my hobbies. I got the best one in my group. Yoongi hyung has no soul. Hobi hyung is in love with someone who doesn't have a soul. Taehyung locked himself in a mall washroom once because he kept trying to turn the knob the other way. Neurosurgeon my ass and Jungkook here has an army of funko pops. That's right Kookie. Taehyung talks. Besides we've been together since high school so no backing out now."

"Technically we didn't date for like 2 years in between."

"Okay you know I don't like it when you bring that up!"

Filler chapter ig¿