Better late than never

Jungkook POV

Once the ceremony was successfully completed everyone joined Namjin on the dancefloor. I watched in shock as Jimin and Jungyeon tore up the dance floor as I heard a chuckle beside me.

"I see this is the first time you've seen them dance since high school." Tae said.

"Hobi hyung is joining them." I said excitedly

"This is gonna be awesome." Taehyung said pulling out his phone and recording.

I looked around to find the bar and saw Yoongi hyung sitting there and staring at Hobi hyung dance in the cutest way possible. They made eye contact and Hobi hyung ran over and pulled him onto the dance floor.

Yoongi hyung managed to grab and down a couple of drinks before he was pulled away. At first he just stood there and stared and then he slowly started swaying. Taehyung and i made eye contact. It's finally happening. Yoongi hyung was gonna dance. We'd finally know if his claims of being a "bad dancer" are in fact true or if he was lying to get out of dancing like he does with most things.

Turns out he was lying and no one was surprised. We all knew he was annoyingly good at everything.

"I love my life." Taehyung said getting it all on his phone grinning in glee. Before eventually joining them after a decent amount of footage was recorded of Yoongi.

Eventually everyone was buzzed and it was getting kinda late so the DJ decided to play one final slow song for a last dance. Everyone paired up and i turned to see Taehyung looking at me. I felt my heart thumping in my chest but i walked over to him.

"I don't suppose you are allowed to dance?" He said smiling at me.

"I think I can risk it this once. Besides its slow dancing."

He gently pulled me close and we danced looking into each others eyes. Somehow that one moment seemed to stretch into hours for me.

I don't know if it was the situation or the alcohol but I got a burst of confidence.

"Taehyung?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna go on a date sometime?"

His smile widened.

"Took you long enough Jeon. 7 years to make up your mind?"

"You know what they say. Better late than never."

"Well it's gonna cost you."

"Name your price Kim."

"You gotta tell me all the other stuff you did for me in high school like the anime thing."

"I really should've locked that door."

"What's the matter? Scared of how much you like me?"

I leaned in and whispered in his ear.

"Not anymore."

I noticed his eyes widen as he eventually smiled.

Jimin POV

I kept looking over Jungyeons shoulder at Tae and Kook. They were both dancing just like I planned.

"Nice." I chuckled.

Jungyeon raised an eye brow and turned around to see what I was looking at.

She sighed. "Not gonna lie this isn't your worst plan." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm very rarely okay with this. So just take what you get."

"Eh you're right."