Prom

Taehyung POV

Prom was in a few days and although I didn't like accepting it I was looking forward to being Jungkooks date. I kept wondering what he'd say to me as my imagination ran wild. He would confess that he likes me. Then we'd go on a date finally. We would reveal our relationship when we turn 18 and move in together soon after. Get married after college. Heck we'd move to a country where it's legal if it isn't legal here by then...

Fuck I thought realising how many expectations I just created in my head. I suppose I really needed a win after all the bs in high school that went down. I took a deep breath and sighed. I need a reality check. I grabbed my phone and stared at the contact list. I knew what to do.

Jungkook POV

All throughout dinner my leg was nervously bouncing under the table. My mother had told me off a couple times before giving up. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was hiding something big from them. But why? I was straight. There was nothing to hide. Briefly questioning your sexuality is barely a secret that could cause this much anxiety. Images of Tae and all our special memories flashed into my head. All the tension in those moments.

The memories slowed down and froze on that night that I had a nightmare. The nightmare and mainly what happened after kept playing repeatedly in my head over and over like an agonizing loop. Maybe I wasn't hiding something from my parents.... Was I hiding something from myself?

Hoseok POV

My phone rang as I was just finishing up my homework. (Yes he isn't making out with Yoongi this time) I glanced at it to see Jungkooks face light up the screen. It was a photo of him making a weird face that was captured during our school trip. I smiled to myself and picked up the call.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Uhhh hyung. Remember when I told you that I'm straight... " Jungkook said in a low voice trailing off.

"Yeah...?"

"I... I don't know where I'm going with this. I just. I'm straight. But... "

"But...? " I prompted

"But... " He took a deep breath. "Taehyung." He said going silent.

There was silence for a minute as I tried to think of what to say.

"Hyung? Are you there?"

"Yes. Yes I'm here. I just.. Kookie.. You know that you don't have to label yourself or anything for that matter right? You are allowed to feel whatever you feel without having to categorize it into a label... It's okay.. Whatever it is you feel for Taehyung."

There was silence again for a couple seconds.

"I.. I told him that I'm gonna tell him something on Prom. I was planning to tell him that I'm straight but... I... I can't.. I shouldn't? I just. I want to be with him. I want to be with him." He repeated as if confirming it.

"That's okay... Just tell him that. We're all here for you no matter what okay?"

"Thank you... Just.. Thank you."

I chuckled and shook my head. "You're a hot mess you know that?" He reminded me of myself when I first came out to myself. Although it was easier for me cuz I had supporting parents. Jungkook wasn't that lucky. His parents weren't terribly against it but they weren't enthusiastic about it either. They still thought it was a mental illness. I mentally sighed.

He chuckled. "I know I know."

"Oh I'm getting another call. Call me if you wanna talk again okay?" I said in a hurry

"Okay. Bye..Bye."

I ended the call. It was Taehyung. Speak of the devil.

"Hello?"

"Hello hyung? I need a favor. Now I know that it's kinda cheating but this is killing me."

"Go on.."

"Okay so, Jungkook told me a while back that he had something to say to me at prom and now my imagination is out of control. I just. I need you to find out what it is. At least give me a hint. Okay? Please say okay... "

"Tae... "

"Pleaseeee"

"How bad is the imagination?"

"Uhhh we have two kids and two dogs. One of them has jungkook eyes. The kid of course. Not the dog."

"Oh god. That bad huh."

"I mean..."

"Okay fine I'll tell you."

"Yesss" He whispered to himself as I rolled my eyes.

"I suggest that you keep expectations at rock bottom cuz I just talked to him and he is convinced that he is straight."

".... Wait he is convinced? Does that mean... "

"Yeah yeah. That boy is gay as hell. Apart from my gaydar he literally admitted feeling something for you. I'd not get my hopes up though. He'll probably just not say anything... Tae? Tae?" He had hung up.

I sighed. The damage is done.

Taehyung POV

I adjusted my tie looking in the mirror smiling. It was prom day finally. If all goes well I'll be going on a date soon.

I looked at the time and set my hair again. When I was satisfied with how it looked I opened my camera on my phone and took a bunch of pictures before choosing one and posting it on Instagram. My self esteem was at a new high.

When we reached there all our friends were just arriving. We walked in looking sharp ready to celebrate. It was gonna be a long night.

Jungkook POV

I was stressed. My heart was pounding in my chest. I kept looking away whenever Tae looked at me feeling heavy because of all the affection behind his gaze. All I could think of was my parents and their disappointed and worried faces.

The night had died down and we were all sitting at a table watching the DJ unplug stuff. Tae looked at me expectantly.

"So... It's prom." He said.

Shit. "Yeah... " I paused. "I just. I suppose I wanted to tell you ...that I'll miss you."

"What?"

"All of you actually. I'll miss you all very much. You mean so much to me. Over these two years I've made bonds with you guys that I never made in my life."

I turned back to Tae.

"I wish I could be with you Tae... " I trailed off.

"Kook what do you mean? What do you mean you'll miss us?" Jimin asked laying a hand on my shoulder.

"Chim... I'm moving. Soon. After tenth finals. My dad got transferred again. This time to somewhere in the US." I said looking down. Part of me was sad. Really sad. But part of me was relieved that I didn't have to face my feelings anymore. I finally told them.

I looked at Tae. He was initially confused then his expression darkened. He nodded.

"We'll miss you too Kookie." Jimin said pulling all of us into a big group hug. I sunk into the hug pushing all my feelings away. It felt nice to have them.

I have anxiety induced insomnia now apparently and my therapist said my depression won't be fixed without a proper sleep schedule so I guess I'm pretty fucked. At least y'all get an update😌🤝