Date?

Tzuyu POV

It had been months since I confessed to Tae and he had (politely) rejected me. It obviously didn't hurt any more. He was a nice guy and I'm attracted to him still but there was no tension anymore. But the past few days he seemed off. Even more than he was after the whole Rose situation.

I was starting to get worried. When Jungkook didn't show up for a couple of days i started to get more suspicious. When he did show up the seating arrangement was different. They both no longer sat beside each other. It wasn't too unusual considering the situation. Jimin did sit beside him when Jungkook was absent for a few days and when he came back he just took Jimins seat but i could sense the tension in the room.

Now I was really concerned. Losing two friends within a short span of time is a bad sign. So I decided that I should call and check up on him. Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone who isn't that emotionally involved with you.

So I called him in the evening. His phone rang a couple of times and I kept getting anxious as the seconds passed. He eventually answered.

"Hello? Tzuyu?"

"Hey! How have you been?"

"I've been... Okay. How have you been?"

"I'm great... "

There was an awkward silence for a couple of moments. How do I actually get him to talk?

"We should catch up. It's been a while."

"Yeah we should. We should.... Do you wanna like meet?"

I guess I'm getting somewhere?

"Yeah sure! Wanna meet at the park?" I asked quickly thinking of a place before it gets awkward.

"Okay then. Saturday. 7pm. At the park? Just you and me?"

"Yeah sounds great."

As the words left my mouth a question suddenly manifested in my mind.

"Umm is it a date?" Fuck why did I say that out loud?

There was silence for the longest two seconds of my life on the other line.

"Yeah if you're okay with it... "

I breathed in sharply.

"Yeah I'm cool with that." I said mentally thrashing myself. This is not what I called him to talk about.

"Okay cool see you then."

"Bye."

I hung up and sighed. Well the silver lining is that he might actually talk to me or feel better getting a break from whatever he was dealing with.

Tae POV

It was Saturday and I was getting nervous. Going on a date right now wasn't the healthiest decision but I really needed a distraction.

It had been a few days since the phone call happened with Jungkook and we hadn't talked since then. He no longer sat right next to me in class. Worst of all he never approached me or made an effort to talk to me let alone explain himself somehow.

There was a constant nagging feeling. I mean did all that time being best friends mean nothing to him? One tough conversation and he threw it all out of the window so easily.

Even when I tried talking to him he wouldn't talk properly. He would just answer me and find the first way to get out of the conversation. I stopped trying after 2 times of being ignored.

Why do I have to disrespect myself like this when I have people who are willing to put effort and communicate their feelings? I can't carry the relationship all on my own.

I took a deep breath as I stared into the mirror. I am doing the right thing. It may be fast but I need to move on and focus on people who are healthier for me.

I set my hair until I was satisfied with how it looked and walked out of my house. As my luck would have it. There was Minjae walking downastairs right at the time I decided to leave for my date with Tzuyu.

I sighed in annoyance. "Heyy Taeeee. You look like you are going out. Are you going on a date?" She asked grinning at me.

I can't ignore her. She knows stuff about me now.

"Yeah actually." I said hoping that will avoid further questions.

"Oh." She said taken aback as her face fell.

"I thought Jungko-"

"It isn't with him. Now if you excuse me I gotta go. I'll be late." I said in a hurry and jogged away. What the hell was that about?

It was a nice evening. A soft breeze was blowing as I waited for Tzuyu to show up at the bench. Our rendezvous point.

When she finally showed up I didn't feel as much anxiety as I thought I would. I mean it was Tzuyu. I knew her. She was a good friend.

I smiled at her and we walked around the park catching up and giggling at the most random people just doing random things like two drunks.

The evening ended with us grabbing dinner at a diner near her house and me showing her some of my poetry.

"Tae can I ask you something?"

"Yeah.. " I said tensing up a little.

"Are you going to murder me and write a poem about my murder after this date?"

"Oh God. Stop it. They aren't that grim."

"Whatever you say. But consider getting help." She said with a mocking straight face.

I shook my head laughing. The most unexpected things keep happening these past few months. I'm glad today happened though.

Minjae POV

I mentally cursed. Who the fuck is the new bitch now? I didn't go tell Jungkook that it was a terrible idea and kinda weird to date your best friend, when I found out he was going to ask Tae out, for nothing. I even made sure to tell him that Tae hates him for breaking his heart and leading him on and wouldn't want to talk to him ever again.

But someone had to swoop in and steal him before I could have him to myself. I'll find out who it is and I won't bother going the long way this time...

Hehe my readers shall know pain. I keep teasing Taekook and then bringing it back to square one. But rest assured. They are the endgame.