Girlfriend

Jungkook POV

I tried sitting at my desk and studying but my brain wasn't cooperating. Minjae's words kept playing in my head again and again. 'Best friends to lovers is such a weird trope. I mean who would ruin a friendship like that? Dating your best friend is what you joke about doing in your 40s if both of you are single.'

I shook my head staring at the math problem in front of me. A train is travelling in a straight line path.. Straight... 'It's normal to love your best friend. I mean it's Tae after all. It's not like you like other men too. You are not gay. It's just a phase.' I breathed in as my heart rate increased.

'You know you really didn't have to lead him on like that when you knew you were straight. He is heart broken now because of you. Just don't talk to him again. He wouldn't wanna interact with someone he hates' I ran my fingers through my hair as thoughts kept racing through my mind. How could I fuck something up so royally?

"Kookie? Do you want anything to eat while you study?" Mom said snapping me out of my trance.

"No thanks eomma." I said forcing a smile.

"I'm gonna make some cookies anyway." She said.

I chuckled. Classic Asian mom. I looked back at the problem in front of me and sighed. What's done is done. I need to focus on not fucking up my exams now.

Tae POV

Tzuyu and I were sitting and watching a movie together at my house. We had gone on a few dates and I was considering asking her to be my girlfriend. She was really comforting and I had no reason not to date her.

I waited until the movie ended and turned to her. "Hey I just wanted to ask you something."

Her eyes widened. She knew what was coming. It didn't take a detective to know. "Ye-yeah..."

"Umm well I don't know about you but I had a really good time going out with you these past few weeks. So umm.. Will you be my girlfriend?" I said suddenly nervous.

Tzuyu stared at me for 3 seconds. "Yes... Yes I will be your girlfriend." She finally said after the longest 3 seconds in my life.

She smiled shyly and leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I blushed.

"Umm it's getting late." She said smiling softly breaking the silence.

"Yeah I'll walk you home." I said getting up suddenly feeling confident.

I opened the door for her and closed it behind us. Once we were outside I slowly inched closer and held her hand.

She was a little stiff at first but relaxed quickly as we walked to her house.

I was officially in my first relationship.

Hoseok POV

I had finally gotten Yoongi to start a long and productive study session when my phone started vibrating. Normally I would just ignore it but it was Tae and you never know what you'll get out of him. Especially after all the turbulence he had experienced in the recent past.

I left the room giving Yoongi a stern look so that he wouldn't slack off and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Heyy Hobi hyung. I have some news."

"Spill." I said half afraid. He did sound kinda happy though.

"I.. I have a girl friend."

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed. It was a good thing I closed the door behind myself.

"Yeah. Three weeks ago Tzuyu and I went on a date. Since then we met frequently and made it official like 20 minutes ago." He said sounding excited.

"Wow!.... I don't know what to say. This is very sudden. But you know what. I'm glad you are happy. That's all that matters."

"Yeah..." He said.

"I do have to go though. You interrupted my study sesh with Yoongi."

"Oh! Sorry. I know how hard it is to have a successful one. We'll talk later. Byee"

"Byee." I said hanging up and walking in to see Yoongi near the door as if he was listening in on our conversation.

"Yoongi..." I said in an exasperated tone.

"Therapy or rebound?" He asked.

I sighed as I pulled him towards our books. "Rebound unfortunately. I hope Tzuyu doesn't get hurt in the process."

"Tzuyu? Aw man. She was nice. I liked her."

"Yeah me too. I also like it when you pass exams. So come on finish this problem." He shook his head and turned back to our work. I hope Tae gets out of this quick.

Tzuyu POV

I was stressfully memorizing some scientific names of animals as the exams were going on. Everyone was stressed. This time even Tae. He seemed to find it difficult to focus and memorize large chunks of information.

School was never a challenge to him but he seemed really distracted and distant. It had been 2 months since we started dating. The initial excitement had worn off pretty quickly. All we did now was hang out and study together which is understandable considering the fact that we had our tenth boards going on right now.

But something was off. I felt it in my gut. I didn't want to admit it to myself but I wasn't a hundred percent sure that getting into this relationship wasn't the best decision. It wasn't the exams. There was just no chemistry. It was comforting to hang out and just do boring things together but it wasn't romantic.

I was dreading this. Handling a breakup during exams would be the worst thing to throw at Taehyung so I decided to postpone it till after. But it wasn't far off. In a week I would have to deal with this situation.

All of this happened because I was concerned that he had stopped hanging out with Jungkook and all he told me about that was that Jungkook had just gotten busy with exams and moving away and just didn't have time anymore.

I sighed. High school sucks.

Oops they lasted only two chapters. I just wanna get into the real stuff. I'm dragging this book way too much. I'm sure I'll go back and edit it after it's done. But the good news is regular updates will be starting soon😌