I care about you

Jimin POV
It has been an exciting month. Jungkook moved in with Taehyung, Namjin are getting married in a week and my favorite wattpad book that was on hold for a year got updated. As much as I'm looking forward to the smut chapter I have to admit that attending my high school teachers' wedding tops the list.

Hoseok hyung is very excited to officiate and keeps going around showing everyone his online certificate that registers him as an officiant and repeating the story of how him and yoongi were the ones who nudged Namjoon into this epiphany.

Yoongi hyung meanwhile is dreading the wedding season version of Hobi as he becomes way too excited and has these random whims. Last time when his sister got married, he borderline kidnapped Yoongi hyung and took him on a vacation in bali. Yoongi hyung doesn't think that he'll be lucky enough to get a relatively harmless vacation this time around.

Jungkook on the other hand is healing steadily and claims to be looking forward to live alone again but according to Taehyung his actions don't line up with his claims. According to his updates Jungkook would actively try to be around him but weirdly not talk much. He would sit in the room as close as possible without invading personal space and give him small smiles.

Taehyung wouldn't know what to do. He'd smile back awkwardly and try not to let it bother him. Awkward silences aside Taehyung gave an exciting update about an actual breakthrough conversation they had.

(Flashback begins)

Tae POV

I awkwardly help Jungkook to his bed and mumble a goodnight. As I turn to leave the room to go sleep, he stops me.

"Taehyung.. "

"Yeah..? "

"Nothing.. " He hesitated.

Now I was curious. It has been three weeks of small talk, awkward smiles and even more awkward moments while helping him get ready in the morning. One thing romance writers overlook is how awkward these situations are. I mean come on. How are two people supposed to suddenly be in love and have all this chemistry after having a weird and painful history just because they are both attractive.

I stood there waiting for him to say something. I wouldn't sleep tonight if he chooses not to tell me. He stared at me and I could feel the tension build up in the room. I took a deep breath and walked over and sat down near him.

"This is really awkward isn't it?" I said letting out a chuckle.

"Yeah I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I think it kind of is." He said smiling apologetically.

"Yeah well I don't blame you."

"Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I.. I don't know. For everything?"

"It's okay." I looked down. I had processed and healed from the past but it's not all okay to be honest. I mean I'm not angry at him but this situation we're in is not ideal. I still don't know how I can get myself to trust him again. He left me at a time when he claims he loved me. Who's to say he won't do the same now. Who's to say he even cares anymore. It could all just be guilt. Now that he did this grand gesture and his guilt is resolved he may not have any reason to stay except the broken leg.

The leg... I looked at it reliving the accident frowning in discomfort. If only I knew why he did that. If only I told him how I felt all those years ago.

My thoughts were interrupted when he placed a hand on my knee.

"I know that it's not all okay... " He said softly.

I looked at him taking in a deep breath. There's really no point is there?

"I know that sorry isn't enough Taehyung."

I let out a dry chuckle.

"You jumped in front of a car. I don't know what else can show your remorse." I said.

"No it's not... I didn't..." He paused and closed his eyes for a moment. He looked at me and looked away.

"That's not why I did it."

"Huh?"

"I didn't jump in front of the car because I felt guilty." He said looking back up at me.

I could feel my heart thumping.

"I did it because I didn't want you to be hurt. I jus-... Letting you get hit by that car wasn't even a thought that occurred to me especially when I could do something about it. In that moment I didn't remember my mistakes and worries. All I could think about was how I could get you out in time.. "

I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Be... Because I care about you." He said looking down again. I held back tears.

"And ...I know that saying it doesn't make a difference ...bu-..but I'm ready to prove it any way I can." He stuttered as I moved closer to him.

The tears streamed down my face as I hugged him.

We stayed like that for a while until I calmed down.

"I believe you." I said breaking the hug. I spent so long assuming the worst to avoid disappointment and he spent all that time not expressing his truth. I think it's time to break the cycle.

"Do you wanna stay here for a while?" He asked.

I nodded lying down beside him inching closer.

"I missed our friendship a lot when you were gone you know." I confessed something I had only told Tzuyu till now.

He snuggled into me.

"I did too. Like you wouldn't believe it."

(Flashback ends)

Jimin POV

When Tae called to tell me what had happened for the first time in 8 years I felt the satisfaction of seeing my Taekook dreams inch closer to coming true. I giggled evilly thinking about how I can plot to get them to be each other's dates to the wedding. I mean they are kidding themselves if they think I'd stop at them wanting to be "friends".

I continued scheming pushing away everyone's suggestions to stop reading wattpad that came to mind. Someone has to do something since things don't just happen by luck in real life.

How long has it been? Dang it's June already. I remember when I thought I'd finish this book last year. At this point this is just a coping mechanism to my loneliness. In my defense though wattpad was glitching terribly this time. It wasn't totally my fault.