Agni-Kai

Two years have passed since Ursa disappeared. Prince Ozai was crowded Fire Lord after the death of Lord Azulon as he was able to choose Ozai as his successor instead of Iroh before he died. The disappearance of their mother affected Auko more than anyone else, Goku remembered her from time to time and did not suffer too much as his sister was still with him. Goku tried to cheer Zuko up by asking him to train with him, as for Goku that is the best moment of the day, but Zuko always said no. Azula, on the other hand, didn't seem to be affected by her missing mother.

Azula made a little prank to her twin brother a few months ago, but it seems that it did not have the effect she wanted, or maybe Goku did not fall for it. One day Azula went to see Goku's training with the elite soldiers, she saw how he overpower them with strength and speed; he didn't need to use his "special" fire bending technique. After that Goku went directly where Azula was:

- Hey Azula, wanna have a little spar with me?

- No

- What? Why? Why not?

- Because you did not do what I told you to

- Did what?

- I told you 3 months ago that you needed to use weights at any moment to train your strength

- But I do wear them

- Do not lie to me, I don't see you wearing any weights.

- Let me show you.

Then Goku took off his shirt with some difficulties and it fell to the ground making a sound as if it was too heavy, then he proceeds to remove his wristbands, which also made the same sound and even make some cracks in the floor, then finally his shoes. Goku started to stretch a little and said "Wow, long time not feeling this light". Azula gets closer and tried to take his shirt with some problems as she did not expect them to be that heavy.

- Since when you were using this?

- After you told me I went with the seamstress, and ask her for it. After that, it took her like two days to give it to me.

- How heavy are these things?

- Around 44 lbs. each (20 Kilos)

- So, you were training with the elite soldiers with all this weight?

- Yeah, just like you told me.

The conversation was heard by the soldiers that were training with Goku. Azula realized that some of the soldiers did not believe it, so she asks them to take Goku's clothes and send them to wash, but when the soldiers try to lift them, they were surprised to know that all that conversation was true. "So, the two shoes, the two wristbands, and then the shirt, means that he had a total of 220 lbs (100 kilos) on him, and he was moving that way with no problem?" said one of the soldiers. Then a soldier came running and told Azula and Goku that they are requested as there will be an Agni-Kai where his brother will be fighting. Goku was surprised by the news that his brother will participate in one, so he ran and take his clothes back and wear them again. Azula was also surprised, but she was thinking about who the opponent might be.

When they arrived at the small arena, where only generals were, they decided to stay close to his uncle Iroh. They saw that his brother was getting prepared for the fight, and Goku just screamed: "You can do it Zuko!" while Azula was rolling her eyes at the cheering of her twin brother. It was announced that his opponent was his father, Fire Lord Ozai. Goku was confused as he did not know for whom to cheer so he just said "Let's have a good fight!". Instead of keeping his guard up, Zuko knelt and asked for forgiveness, his plea was answered with an attack of fire. Goku got angry but was stopped by his sister, as she told him that this is an Agni-Kai and he should respect his father and brother, so he stood still, but Goku was visibly angry as he did not like seen how his father attacked his brother who was asking for mercy.

Azula to can calm Goku told him that: "in Agni-Kai you need to complete the fight, and the only way to do it by our father was by attacking Zuzu. That is why he only received the scar in his face because if Father fought seriously, Zuko may have died". With that explanation, Goku thought that it was a way of mercy and respect showed by his father to Zuko.

After that day, Zuko was banished, they also removed his birthright as heir to the throne. He was told that the only way to return and regain his birthright was to capture the Avatar. The banishment of Zuko was something that hurt Goku even more than the disappearance of his mother. Azula for some reason could not support seeing his twin brother sad, so she talked with him and said that:

- Well, what Father is doing is to send him on a journey so he can become stronger, because, let's be honest, he is too weak compared to any of us.

- So, he will return?

- Only If he gets stronger.

- But how will he get stronger?

- Well, he needs experience and fights with strong people from the outside.

- Does that means that there are stronger fighters out there?

- Why are asking that? Why are you like that all of a sudden?

Goku, the moment that he hears that there are strong people out there, his eyes changed.

- Maybe I can ask father to let me join Zuko so I can also fight those strong people.

- NO, YOU CAN'T!

- Why are you so angry?

Azula got angry at the idea of Goku going outside without her, or joining Zuko as she knew that the "mission" that his father asked was a fool's errand, and probably they won't be able to find the Avatar in their lifetime. She calmed herself and then answered Goku

- This is something that Zuko has to do by himself. If not, he won't be able to come back.

- Oh, Okay

Goku sounded disappointed, but he was no longer sad, as he now has hope that his older brother may return someday.