The Fire Nation

The trip to the fire nation went without any problems. Ozai constantly looked to the sea, hoping to see land, the land of his parents finally.

While on the ship, Ty Lee has though him about the Chii blocking principles. "In order to fight against it, you need to know about it," said the old lady. Ozai was with his attention entirely on her.

It presses specific points of your energy that will stop the flow temporally. Depending on which point and how intense the pressure was, it's how effective it will be. A regular pressure point may only debilitate the flow of energy needed to do bending."

Ozai raised his hand enthusiastically as if he was at school. Ty Lee smiled and said, "yes? Mr Ozai."

"Does this also apply to my father's techniques?" asked the young boy.

"Good question. Yes, it does. Remember that this blocks the energy flow. It means that it works not only with the energy needed for bending but also with the energy you use to move. Obviously, these points will be in different zones of the body."

Ozai nodded, and Ty Lee continued. "Very well. For the first exercise, you will receive my attack, so you will need to try to feel your energy flow before the attack, and once I block the energy of...." Ty Lee started to wonder how she should attack Ozai.

"Let's go for your arm. Any objection?" asked the old lady, and Ozai only shook his head.

"Good. After the attack, you will need to try to feel your energy flow to pinpoint the block".

After that, Ozai sat on the floor in a lotus position and closed his eyes. He started to breathe, and he focused his mind on the movement of the air inside him.

Ty Lee could not help but smile after seeing the resemblance of Goku in the kid. She then chi-blocked Ozai's left arm.

In Ozai's mind, the sensation of something off felt right away. He tried to remove it with force, but he failed. Ozai tried again and again, and he was getting desperate. He started to use more and more energy.

Ty Lee watched as the kid was struggling with the chii blocking. She wanted to stop Ozai, but suddenly, Ozai shouted. Then she felt the aura around the kid changing.

Ozai got desperate and used all his power to remove the block in his arm. He screamed louder, not only to expel and use his energy, but for the pain, he got by forcing the energy to remove the block. The pain was too severe. It was unlike the pain from punches he had received. The pain was so intense that he fainted.

Ty Lee ran, stopped him from hitting his head on the floor, and carried him to his bed. She was surprised and horrified at what happened to Ozai.

She stayed at Ozai's side the whole time until he woke up. When he did, he tried to stand up but felt a small in his arm. Ty Lee smiled and asked him to lie down.

"What you did was very irresponsible. I told you only to feel the flow and the block and pinpoint", said the old lady. She looked sad, with her eyes crystallized by the small tears forming.

"I... I am sorry. I should have followed your instructions", said the young boy. He moved a little, and the pain in his arm was still very annoying, although not as strong as before.

Ty Lee cleared the tears from her face and smiled at Ozai, "don't move that much. It will hurt you for a while, but the pain will eventually go away".

Ozai nodded and asked, "I thought the block would move away if I tried to... I don't know... I use all my power, you could say."

The old woman only shook her head, "trying to remove the block by applying more energy is a horrible strategy. Imagine a river; if you block its path, the water will find its way to go through naturally. But if you force with more pressure, the block may leave, but the water may split and may not be able to go back to its original path."