Republic City

Ozai was training in the proar of the ship. He started with meditation for about an hour before he started to shadow fighting. Some punches in the air, back flips to evade attacks, some kicks to the sides to push away the incoming enemies, running to one side to defeat one opponent. This mindset of fighting was taught by Azula, who told him about the Fire-bending katas.

For Ozai, it was a normal routine; for the spectators, it was a mind-blowing image. To Ty Lee, it was good progress. She could notice that he was faster and the energy he was using. She was unsure if he could accomplish something similar, but she was sure the energy was well controlled.

It was not very noticeable by look, but the ship's crew could also feel the energy usage. Every time they punched the air in their direction, a small breeze happened in that direction.

Ty Lee approached Ozai with a smile, "That was very good. Small question, have you noticed something different?"

Ozai looked at her and crossed his arms, "something different?" he said aloud. Ozai looked around, but then the old woman said, "I am talking about you, not the ship or the crew".
"Oh, sorry", answered the boy. "Ah, well, I think I'm getting used to the humility".

"Oh, well, never thought of it. But I am not referring to that. Either way, I want you to start your shadow fighting again, but now, you should think about the energy flow every time you make a punch or a kick. Try to project the energy outside your body", said Ty Lee with a smile and her hands on her back.

"Well", Ozai hesitated to answer, but when he saw Ty Lee, he sighed and answered, "That's what I have been doing since I trained with my parents, but...." Ozai was stopped by Ty Lee, who put her hand in front of him, "But you did not know the flow of the energy at that moment. I want you to remember everything you have been learning so far. Think about the energy coming from here", said Ty Lee while pointing at Ozai's stomach, "to your fist...." Ty Lee stopped and started to put her finger in her chin.

"You know what? I have an idea. I want you to punch me as strong as you can", said Ty Lee with a smile.

"What?! No, I would never try to hurt you, I don't..." the boy was stopped by Ty Lee again.
"Don't worry, I will be standing there", said the old woman pointing at the far end. Ozai looked at the place and then at Ty Lee, who was still smiling, again at the place and again at the old woman, "I don't think that I understand".

"Don't worry. Just stand here, and try to feel your energy through your body and then to your fist. Let your fist guide your energy", instructed the old woman. Ozai nodded, and she started to walk to her position.

The young teen closed his eyes and put a fighting stance. He breathes deeply and then concentrates on the energy. He remembered the drawing from the healing techniques of the water tribes and concentrated on trying to use the lanes of energy can make it go through his fist.

For Ozai, everything was happening slowly; the rest of the ship was different. They saw how the right fist of the young kid was glowing.
Then Ozai opened his eyes and through his punch in Ty Lee's direction. The old woman covered herself with both arms as she was sent back with the strong energy that looked like a force of the air.

He started to run in her direction and helped her to stand up. He repeatedly started to apologize to her, but she was only smiling.

"Don't worry, and congratulations", said Ty Lee once standing up. "You need more training can control it". Ozai only nodded, still worried about Ty Lee's health.

The old woman patted his head, "Also, you will need to learn to feel your opponent's energy and the energy of all living things. How to use it to create attacks just like your father, and maybe, you can learn how to fly". The old woman smiled and looked at Ozai, who was with an unreadable face. It was too much to take for him at that moment.