Protecting home

After the "vacation trip" to Ember Island, it has passed a few weeks. At first, everything went to normal, and Goku was happy about it, his sister was very calm and having more free time, and his older brother was spending his days alongside his girlfriend. Goku still went to train, but due to the problem with the last reunion, he needed to study warfare tactics with the books he received from general Tumen. At the same time, his siblings were assisting the reunions on his behalf, but Azula made sure that Zuko didn't know that he was invited only because Goku didn't want to be there. Everything seemed normal again, but Goku saw that his brother was acting somewhat suspicious, so he became concerned, and every time he tried to have a conversation with Zuko, he dismissed him or did not take him seriously. Then Goku consulted the most reliable person he knew, his sister.

- Hey, sis. Do you have a moment?

- I am not going to spar with you, Goku.

- Is not that.

Azula was receiving a skin treatment at the moment, but when she heard that her twin brother wanted to talk about something and was not about fighting, she got interested. Azula just waved her hand to the beauticians so they could leave the room.

- Tell me, what do you want to talk about?

- Well, Zuko has been acting weird lately, and I overheard that he is still visiting uncle Iroh in prison.

- Yes, I already heard about it.

- And, well, I don't know what we should do. I mean is our brother.

Azula smiled at Goku and pet his head like if he was a little dog.

- You really care about him.

- Well, yeah.

- What Zuko is passing is a dueling phase. He did spend the last years with our uncle, but now he just realized that uncle was a traitor. I only hope that his loyalty is with his family and nation. But that is his decision to make.

- I see.

Goku was disappointed that Azula was not able to say something more reassuring. He wanted to hear that his brother surely will be on their side, but the answer was open in the air. He just wished for his brother to make the right decision.

The days after that were about the preparation of the possible invasion that the Fire Nation could suffer. They knew that Avatar's followers were still out there and that they already had influence, to some extent, with some resistance groups. The plan was to let the guards on the shore, so they can delay the attack, and inside the city, the people will evacuate, and only soldiers will remain. A few of the soldiers should be there only to maintain the invaders busy until the eclipse pass. They knew that the eclipse will take their bending for a few minutes, the reason why no one has objections to the plan, a soldier should be able to fight with and without Fire Bending. Although Ozai wanted Goku and Azula to be near him, he decided to use them in different positions. Goku put himself in the city alongside the soldiers that will try to slow down the invaders, knowing the fighting skills he has, even without his "fire-bending", he was the perfect choice for it. Azula will be in a room, close to the palace. In the meantime, Zuko should be in the Fire Lord Hall, waiting for any enemy to be there, so he would be the first distraction after Goku but before Azula. This plan was made thinking that one of the people in the resistance was the one who invented the machine that helps them to surf the skies, so they may use something like that to attack the city without crossing with Goku.

A day before the eclipse, Goku was in the turtle-ducks pond. He was training by himself with some meditation, which was interrupted by Ty Lee. Behind her was Azula and Mai.