Kyoshi Island

Ozai stepped out of the ship. He looked around the place with wide-open eyes. He saw some houses made of wood, and all the people smalling all kinds of fishes. Behind him was Ty Lee, who only saw him with a warm smile.

Ozai stopped to wait for Ty Lee to be with him, and she finally arrived; a man got close. "Ms. Ty Lee, the chief, let us know that you will be arriving and asked us to take you to her. But We were unaware you will have... company". The man looked at Ozai, frowning. The red color of his clothes was something he did not like, and prejudice was something that had not died out.

Ty Lee smiled at the man, "he is my niece and is coming with me. And if something or someone mistreats him, I will be in a terrible mood." The thread of Ty Lee did not match the calming and smiling face of the older woman, but it was strong enough to make the man gulp.

After that minor incident, Ty Lee and Ozai went to the central part of the village where the Kiyoshi was. The small boy took his head from the carriage and saw the Avatar Kiyoshi statue. It looked so big and imponent.

The place was in the past a small village of some houses. Now it became a different place where only the Kiyoshi trained. No men were allowed except for any diplomatic visit.

The older woman tapped the boy's shoulder so he could sit down again. "Once we stopped, please, remain next to me at all moments. At least, until I tell you that you can move freely". Ozai nodded and remained sat inside the carriage.

When they got out of the carriage, Ozai looked around but remained in his place, walking next to Ty Lee. They entered the most prominent house. As soon as they entered, Ozai saw how different girls practiced some fighting style with fans in their hands.

The girls stopped practicing when they saw the newcomers, especially Ty Lee, who had become a minor celebrity inside the Kiyoshi warriors. But their faces were also of confusion when they saw the kid next to her.

The instructor was a woman in their thirties who went to Ty Lee. "Please do not stop practicing," said Ty Lee with a smile. The instructor smiled and nodded, "You hear her! I want you to keep practicing the move again while I speak, Ms. Ty Lee".

"Ms. Ty Lee. Let me take you with Chief Suki," said the instructor, but Ty Lee stopped her. "No need, I know the way," said Ty Lee when she was about to keep walking but stopped when she remembered what she needed to talk about with Suki.

"In fact, could I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course!" said the woman enthusiastically.

"Could you let this young man train with you?"

"This kid? But... Ms. Ty Lee, the Kiyoshi training is only for women."

"Really? I remember a story when the chief teaches a man about Kiyoshi techniques."

"But that was different. He was Sokka, ex-leader of the Republic city, and the hero who helped the Avatar".

"He becomes that later on, but when he trained with the Kiyoshi warriors, he was still only a young man, not older than Ozai here."

"Who?" asked the instructor wide-eyed when hearing the name.

"Ozai, this young man."

The instructor looked at the kid and took a deep breath. "Very well. I'll do it."

"Thank you," said the old lady while smiling. She then turned to see Ozai, and while close to him, she said, "please wait for me, and do not hurt any of them."

Ozai nodded, and Ty Lee walked out of the room to another room.

When Ty Lee left the room, Ozai turned to see the girls and the instructor, and most looked at him with mistrust; only two behaved differently and giggled when he saw them.